Vol. 2 Episode 10:Mountain Glenn

(Note:This chapter contains mentions of drug abuse and attempted suicide. If you or someone you know is having any feelings of the sorts. Please call the National suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Now please enjoy this chapter)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAfCxXctlY

Location:Mountain Glenn
Time of day:Night

(Y/N) pov:

I was laying down on my sleeping bag trying to get some sleep. All I could think about is what happened at Vacuo. I still had those images in my head. Every time I heard a gunshot in the dark. All I could think was those people. Yang thankfully stopped those images for awhile by breaking the silence.

Yang:(Y/N), you up ?

(Y/N):Yeah, I'm up. I know for a fact I ain't gonna get any sleep tonight.

Yang:Blake, are you awake?

Blake:Yeah.

Yang:Why do you think he asked us why we wanted to be huntsman and huntresses.

Blake:Maybe he was just curious.

Yang:You think?

Blake:No.

Weiss:Of course I'm awake! You three are talking. And I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But, it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral gray area.

Blake:That's putting it lightly.

Weiss:Which is why I feel the need to make things right. If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it.

Blake:All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew that Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy, what will I - how can I undo so many years of hate?

Yang:I'm sure you'd figure it out. You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake.

Blake:But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran! When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my Semblance! I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself; an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away!

(Y/N):Damn, that's... that's tough. For a good chunk of my life. I lived in the not so good part of the city. It was me, my brother, my dad, and my drug addict of a mom. Hardly had any money. Hell, Ruby and Yang's house was more of home for me than there. My brother one day ran from home after turning 16. My dad tried to steal food for me just so I could eat. He died in prison. My mom, went out one night and never came back. Most likely, died in an alleyway. I lived alone then, had to get a job at a local run down gas station. At that time, I was doing any drug I could get my hands on. Drinking alcohol till I passed out. Then, one day all of that got to me. Then I went to officially live with Ruby and Yang. Became clean and mostly sober. That happened about 4 months before we got here to Beacon.