Chapter One

Two years later

It's been two years since Minghao ran away and he has been pretty stable. Maybe not mentally stable, but financially he was doing okay. He has a good paying job at Heaven's Cloud cafe and a vehicle that can get him from point A to point B safely. Well, safe enough....

"Minghao when will you get a car? A motorcycle is really not the best option" Minghao's boss and one out of two of the owners of the cafe said. "It's the only thing I can afford as of right now hyung" Minghao said as he took off his jacket, hanging it on the jacket rack, along with his helmet. "And plus....I'm okay as long as I have this" Minghao said as he patted his helmet with a bright smile.

"Believe what you want, but you need a car. And if you need money, I can always give you a raise" the owner said with concern in his voice and eyes. "No need Jeonghan hyung. I rather work my way up there" Minghao said as he tied his apron around his waist and neck. "Okay Hao, but if you need anything, I'm here" Jeonghan said as he patted Minghao's shoulder with a loving smile that a mother would give to her child.

It was around noon when the café started to become dead, just a few customers here and there. Which gave Minghao all the time in the world to go on his phone and watch some tiktoks or scroll through Instagram. A few minutes pass and a new customer walks in. Minghao quickly puts away his phone and got ready to greet the other.

"Hi welcome to Heaven's Cloud! What can I get for you today?" Minghao asked in the most cheerful voice he could convey. "Hi, I would like one vanilla latte, tall and a slice of lemon cake" the male order with a bright smile that had a hint of hesitation. Minghao punched in his order on the computer in front of him before asking if the other male would like anything else.

"Uh yes....do you know where I can find a job, house, and a vehicle to get around?.......you see I'm kinda on the run and I'm low on money...." The male hesitated, whispering the last part. Minghao nodded as he understood where the taller was coming from. "Well, I have no clue where to get a house for cheap, but if you need a vehicle you can always head to Change Up Cars." Minghao said as he punched in the guy's total.

"Thank you....and what about a job?..." the male asked as he played with his nails. "Well, we're sometimes short on staff and so we could use another pair of hands. Let me just talk to my boss about it." Minghao said eagerly as he would really like some help with making the orders and taking them. "Thank you so much....Minghao...." The male said as he squinted his eyes to read the name tag on Minghao's shirt.

Minghao beamed and told the male his total. The taller handed his card to Minghao and a few seconds later was return back to him. Minghao grabbed a cup and a marker, "What's your name?" Minghao said as he got ready to write, "Jun" the male beamed as he voiced his name. Minghao smiled at how bubbly the other was as he wrote the name down in a pretty handwriting.

"Your order will be out shortly. You may have a seat at any table you want." Minghao gesture around the cafe. Junhui smile and walked over to a table near a window as he began to nervously play with his finger nails.

Minghao walked to the back to start making  Junhui's order and hopefully run into Jeonghan and or Seungcheol. And to his luck, Seungcheol was in the back whipping up some cinnamon rolls. "Oh hey Hao, how are you doing?" Seungcheol said with his natural fatherly voice. "Hey hyung, I'm doing great. Jeonghan hyung got on my ass today about how I should get a car." Seungcheol laughed at the younger's statement as Minghao began to make the latte.

"I think the motorcycle aesthetic fits you and your personality though." Seungcheol said with a chuckle and a soft pat to Minghao's back. "Oh! Before I forget. There's a customer out there that's looking for a job and I told him that we could use another pair of hands. Are you able to give him an interview?" Minghao said as he snapped his fingers. "Oh, really? Yeah, I'm able to do it now. Let me just put these on the heating rack and get cleaned up" Seungcheol said with a bright smile as he walked over to the heating rack and placed the tray of cinnamon rolls onto it.

He then took his apron off and hung it up, walking over to the sink after to get washed up. "Great! Let me finish his order then. Do you want anything?" Minghao said as he began to make the cafe's logo into the cup of coffee. "A slice of strawberry cake and water will do" Seungcheol said and began to walk to the front. Moments later, Minghao walked out with a circular tray to the table where Seungcheol and Junhui was talking.

He gently placed the tray on a different table and started distributing the cups and plates to the two males who were so into their conversation. They nodded at the young omega and continued on with their conversation. Minghao picked up the tray and headed back to the counter. "Look at my baby being all business" Jeonghan appeared next to Minghao as he cooed at his mate talk with Junhui.

"I mean as one of the owners of this cafe, he kinda has to" the young omega said with a shrug as he got himself some water. "Ugh whatever" the older omega tsk as he rolled his eyes. "How are you holding up munchkin?" Jeonghan softly asked as he turned to Minghao and started messing with the younger's hair.

"I'm fine, considering on getting a cat to keep me company. There's not enough romance novels in the world that could keep me company." Minghao said as he sips his
water. "That's good. Would you like it if me and Cheol come over some of the days. We could bring you food?" Jeonghan suggested. "Just don't make it too often hyung" Minghao chuckled. "Of course not. You need your space and I totally understand that. Sometimes, I come here around 3am to get away from Cheol's loud snoring. He truly sounds like a dad when he snores" Jeonghan said whispering the last part to be on the safe side.

To which Minghao chuckled. In the end of their bonding session, Minghao ended up with a French braid and Jeonghan has a clingy Seungcheol on his waist.

(Something like that, but with Minghao's black mullet)

"Thank you again!" They heard Junhui exclaim with a wave, the three waved back with bright smiles as the taller left. "Great news!" Seungcheol suddenly pump up. "What is it?" Jeonghan asked as he started playing with his mates hair. You can't blame him, messing with hair is very fun to do. "We have a new member to Heaven's Cloud!" The alpha cheered. "He got the job?!" Minghao beam in excitement as he started bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Someone's excited" Seungcheol chuckled at the young omega's excitement. I mean can you blame Minghao? He really needed the help. It was really just him working there. Occasionally a younger omega—younger than Minghao named Seungkwan—would come in and work. But since he's a college student, he rarely comes in. Which is totally fine with Jeonghan and Seungcheol as they were understanding and more like the workers parents than bosses.

"When does he start?" Jeonghan asked as he rested his arms around his mate's neck as he was done playing with Seungcheol's hair. "He said he can come in tomorrow. Also, his Korean is not the best as he is from China and I was wondering if you—Minghao—could help teacher him how run each station?" Seungcheol said as he turned to the youngest there.

"Of course. I'll love to help a fellow Chinese" Minghao smiled with a slight nod. "Great! Thanks a lot Hao!" Seungcheol replied as he brought Minghao into his fatherly arms to which Minghao loves and is grateful for as he was always missing something like this.
- - - - - - - - -

Honestly, I'm loving all the fluff that's happening in this chapter. Great way to start off this book!! I honestly originally had something else, but I like this more!!!

Edit: for those of you that read any of my other books and or was there when I wrote "Royalty" there's a tiny reference to that story in here. 🙃

I hope you enjoy this chapter

I hope you are doing well, eating correctly and drinking water and staying healthy.

Anyways, vote,comment, and follow if you want to. Good morning, night, or afternoon love you <3