Chapter Nine

"Really? Another five star fancy restaurant?" Minghao deadpanned as they stood outside one of the most famous restaurants—right next to Light A Flame—Circles. "Where are you getting this money from anyways?" Minghao asked turning to the older who was scratching his nape with a nervous smile. "There's something I haven't told you yet." Junhui quietly said which made Minghao curious to what it could be that Junhui was hiding.

To be honest, Minghao thought Junhui was an open book, but I guess every open book still has it's secrets. "Come on let's go inside. I didn't bring you here just to look at it" Junhui said with a chuckle as he grabbed ahold of the omega's hand and guided them inside. Junhui got the two a table and they were now sitting at a table for two with vanilla scented candles lighting up the table and fake flowers as a centerpiece. Not every fancy restaurant can afford real flowers and plus why go through all that trouble in buying new ones when the old ones die out.

After spending a few minutes scanning the menus they order their food and was now waiting on it. "So why did you bring me here for besides eating out?" Minghao asked as he sipped on his Sprite and aimlessly looking around the restaurant. "So, um...." Junhui said clearing his throat as he looked down playing with his hands and Minghao noticed this. "Take your time Jun, whenever you're ready to talk" Minghao softly said reaching for Junhui's hand.

Junhui took a deep breath as he recollected himself. "There's two things I have to tell you but, I'll tell you the first one." Junhui quietly said taking another breather. "Before I 'moved' here, I was part of one China's richest families" Minghao was shocked at Junhui's confession to say the least but, decided to keep quiet for the meantime as this is a serious topic to Junhui and so he let the older continue when he's ready.

"But I ran away without letting my parents or brother know....I ran away because I wasn't happy even with all that money that could give me the world if I wanted. But it never gave me the one thing I've been yearning for......happiness." Minghao's gaze softened even more when Junhui continued because that's what Minghao ever wanted along with peace and love. It never occurred to Minghao that him and Junhui ran away for the same thing and maybe even more.

They also left behind people who truly loved them because they wanted something they couldn't get back home. But you can't blame them could you? They just wanted to help themselves.

"I thought I would regret it because I was leaving behind my baby brother in a house full of no one his age or was even around to hang out with. I regret leaving him don't get me wrong, I love my little brother but sometimes you gotta be selfish for the sake of yourself." Junhui took a deep breath as he wracked his head for words to use. "But all that regret and guilt was push down just a little when I met you" Junhui looked up to meet Minghao's shocked expression to which he chuckled at.

"You made me forget that I even ran away in the first place. When I'm with you, it's like I never left. At times I think it's just because we're both from the same place but as the more I think about it......I think it's not just because we're both from China but......something more" Junhui said whispering that last few sentences as he looked Minghao dead in the eyes. "Junhui can I tell you something?" Minghao searched Junhui's  eyes for any rejections.

Once he found none and the older nodded and continued. "I too ran away from home.....the place never truly felt like home though. My dad, he never was a dad. He was the leader of our pack and so anything he says goes. So when I was born and was announced as a omega, my dad passed a rule that all omegas can't go outside without a alpha with them." Minghao sigh as he bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from crying.

(TW: mention of abuse)

"But that rule really was just his cover up to hurt me and my mom. Truth be told, I was supposed to be a alpha but surprise surprise I'm a omega. After so many years of the pain and headaches and scars I couldn't take it anymore and one day my mom told me to run, she said run away as fast as you can and I did. But i didn't leave with nothing......I left with a promise. A promise to go back there and save my mother and I was going to fulfill my promise." Minghao confessed as he harshly wiped away his tears and taking a shaky sigh.

"But then you came and popped into my life that I mindlessly pushed that promise away. You, Junhui, also I thought the same. I felt safe and protected when you came and just decided to stay, but then as time went on, I thought maybe it was something more just protection" Minghao said as he looked at Junhui with his big doe eyes. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that Hao, I'll always be here for you" Junhui said as he took hold of Minghao's hand.

"In what way?" Minghao quietly asked tears pooling his eyes. Junhui used his thumb to wiped away Minghao's tears and said. "Maybe in the way we're both hoping for?" Minghao giggled at that as he wiped his tears away. "That's one way to ask. Yes Junhui, I'll be your boyfriend" Minghao answer and Junhui smiled a wide smile. "Come on let's eat before it gets cold" Junhui stated as he sat properly in his chair. Minghao smiled fondly and started to eat.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Since we're together now, can I sleep in your bed?" Junhui asked as they entered the house. "Nope, the couch or your room" Minghao answered taking off his heels and walked to his room. "But haohao!~ I wanna sleep with my beautiful boyfriend" Junhui whined as he followed the omega to his room.

"Let me changed first" Minghao said giving up on play fighting with the alpha. "Alright" Junhui said happily sitting on the edge of the bed. "Without you in here! We just started dating!" Minghao said pushing his boyfriend out his room to which Junhui sighed a sad sigh and headed to his room.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't worry this is one out of a few more Christmas gifts that I have for you guys. And if don't celebrate just this as a thank you gift for sticking with me this whole year. I appreciate everyone who read my books even if you don't comment or vote I still see you guys and appreciate you for even clicking on any of my books.

I hope you had a good year and if not I pray for you to have a better year next month.

I hope you enjoy this chapter

I hope you are doing well, eating correctly and drinking water and staying healthy.

Anyways, vote,comment, and follow if you want to. Good morning, night, or afternoon love you <3