Chapter 32: trip home

Life was good for Cayde. He loved the volturi and even started helping with trials in the morning. After trials he spent the afternoon training or playing with brothers and at night he went out with Jane just relaxing under the stars.

Today was different though. He was going on a trip to see his niece who he has contacted daily. He loved her to pieces and was glad she still wanted a relationship with him after everything that happened.

Grabbing his bag he left to the airport early that morning. He was going alone since Jane was on a mission but he was ok with that.

The second he landed he made his way to his old home. Nothing much changed with the house not that he expected much to change as he knocked on the door. He didn't have to wait long for someone to open it. "Uncle Cayde "

Cayde couldn't help but smile widely at the sight of his niece. "Wow you got so big" that was of course an understatement. She was basically a teenager now making him slightly protective over the fact Jacob was imprinted on her

"Come inside everyone's waiting" he followed his nice inside instantly receiving hugs from both Emment and Rosalie.

"We missed you, you have to visit more" Alice spoke up from the doorway . Jasper stood behind her with a smile of his own

"Hello brother"

Cayde smiled at the pair before looking around the room confused"where's esme?"

Almost instantly did everyone smile widely and point towards the kitchen. Confused Cayde walked inside to see esme laughing with a man he didn't know"hey esme"

"Cayde I didn't hear you come in, welcome home" she hugged him instantly before motioning towards the man behind her"this is luka my um second chance mate"

Nodding Cayde shook the man's hand "nice to meet you Luka"

"Nice to meet you too. I have heard a lot about you from your family. Great to put a name to a face " luka eyes matched his family so he knew he was doing the animal diet. Cayde instantly liked the man. It was a big changed that many vampires went against yet he changed for esme which was already a plus in his book.

Smiling Cayde went back into the living room witht he pair. He told them all kinds of stories from the missions he went on along with the trials. He of left out any blood and gore since his niece was in the room.

"Sooo any future wedding?" Alice sat on jasper lap basically bouncing with excitement

"Actually I'm going to ask Jane as soon as I get back" almost instantly did his sisters , niece and esme squeal in excitement

"Let is plan it" Rosalie was smiling widely at the idea while Alice was already throwing out wedding ideas. There poor mates were trying to reel everyone in and was failing until jasper used his gift to send calming waves.

"Thanks jasper" Cayde smirked at his brother who nodded in return.

"You guys can help my moms and aunt since I'm asking them to help plan too"he wanted his family involved,both sides.

"We get to meet the queens. No one gets to meet them" Emment was in pumped up with the idea along with everyone else. He was glad they liked the idea"but for now let's just hang out"

Esme and luka went back to the kitchen most likely to cook for his niece while Emment pulled out the videos games"Mario cart anyone?"

And like they spent the day goofing off and playing videos games. Everyone seemed happier and any doubt or guilt Cayde had was gone. His family was finally full and getting along great.

Vote and comment. What's should happen next?