Chapter 13: Final Gambit

The Aqua stadium was packed as the finals of the intro tournament was already taking place, Team Eclipse were taking the offences as their team consisted of Haxorus, Zoroark(in the form of a sharpedo) and Emolga, while in team Horizon was in a tough position with Meowstic, Lucario (Blues) and Infernape.

Neil was trying his hardest to get rid of Grimsly from the battle as fast as possible but his pokemon was too fast.

On the other side of the battle was Nick facing a full on assault by both Elesa and Iris.

"Haxorus use brick break", "emolga, acrobatics!" The women gave commands to their pokemon.

The dragon and flying squirrel then proceeded to attack the huge blue dog, damaging it severely.

"Ouuuuuuuaa!" It screams in pain rolling around the grassy battlefield.

"Blues! Damn it! Leo, come help me over here" pleaded Nick.

"I'm trying! Infernape use close combat on the dragon!" The foreign boy issues.

"Not on my watch!" Elesa turns to face the new challenger. "Tailwind Emolga, send him back!", "Emoool!" The squirrel releases a huge gust of wind pushing Infernape backwards while also increasing the speed of it's entire party.

"What the? Nick try to hold them off!" Leo yelled.

Nick's mind was in total disarray, he was feeling off about his sister as well as doubting his battling skills at the same time, "I... I don't think I can!".

"Let's do this Miss Elesa!" Said Iris, the confidence in her eyes were clear.

"Right behind you young lady" Elesa was in total sync ready to destroy Nick's ambitions.

Back to the battle of leaders, Grimsly's zoroark had reverted back to it's werewolf form after getting him by a combination attack of miracle eye + psyshock.

'You're clever professor, but your luck has run out!" Hissed Grimsly. "Zoroark, use night slash!".

"Raaaaaaaaasak" the wolf charged at the cat with blacked claws.

"Defend it with thunderbolt" Neil orders.

The cat shoots a bolt of purple lightning at Zoroark but it hits the floor instead.
"Futile, if only your accuracy was as sharp as your mind". The Gambler continues to taunt.

Neil said nothing to him, instead he kept instructing Meowstic to attack.
"Thunderbolt, thunderbolt, thunderbolt!" the three attacks all miss their target, instead hitting the ground like the last one.

"It's over, Zoroark, use night daze!" Yelled Grimsly.

The black werewolf attacks the cat with a ball of darkness knocking it backwards.

"Oeeeeew!" Meowstic was hit by the super effective attack almost knocking her out completely.

"You've done nothing but lead me in circles, but now boy, the game ends here!" The Gambler smirks dangerously.

"As if, Meowstic release it!" Neil commands.

"Meow!" The cat lifts up her blue ears revealing two extra eyes, the glow blue and the ground stuck by the lightning began to crumble.

Four lightning pillers erupt from the ground enclosing Zoroark within.

"What the?" Grimsly was flabbergasted.

"Hmph, it's not luck or experience that wins a battle, it's skill" Neil said smugly.(he had made meowstic seal away the lighting with her psychic abilities )
"Meowstic, 4 piller thunderbolt cage!" The cat's lighting surges through the cage violently striking Zoroark all round.
The wolf could barely let out a scream as it's HP was put down to 0.