Chapter 3: Raid battles and mind games

Ather apartments

After regaining her composure, Lillie confronted an uninvited Ash.

"So, you came to this region and didn't even tell me?!" Lillie said, pouting.

"I didn't know you were in the region; it's a surprise to me too. What are you doing here anyway?" Ash asked, rubbing the back of his head.

"Remember, Mother and big brother, and I were looking for Father when we set out to sea. Magearna's tracker keeps flashing on and off in this region, meaning he's here somewhere," Lillie explained.

"Wow, I hope you find him soon. If you need any help, just ask me, okay?" Ash said, smiling.

"Oh, you..." Lillie blushed a bit from Ash's considerate attitude towards her.

At that moment, Misty, Lana, and Mallow burst through the apartment door.

"Ash! We've got trouble!" Mallow shouted.

"Huh, what is it?" Ash asked curiously.

Panchino beach

"Run away!" "It's huge!" "Where did it come from?" All these were cries from the people running away from a giant Pokemon on the beach.

It looked like a rusted anchor with a wooden steering wheel on top, and one big eyeball on the right side. It also had seaweed tentacles it used to attack people with.

"Dhelllllllll!" The anchor shouted as it chased the people until...

"Pyro Ball!" Gou shouted as he ran in the opposite direction of the crowd. A huge humanoid rabbit on two feet raced past him.

"Cinderrrrrrr!" The rabbit yelled as it kicked a stone at the anchor. 'Shrowwwww,' the stone was engulfed in flames and hit the anchor right in the face.

"Dellllllll!" It cried as its eye was hit by the flaming ball.

"Pokeball, go!" Gou shouted as he flung a white and red ball at the anchor, but...

'swat!' The anchor swatted the ball away like it was nothing.

"Oh no!" The dark-skinned boy shouted as he held his head.

"No way you'd catch it that easily," Chloe said, cross-legged on a bench.

"How about helping me, huh?" Gou shouted at the pink-haired girl.

'Cinnn Cinn Cinder!' The humanoid rabbit returned to Gou. It had red, white, yellow, and black fur mixed up to look like an outfit for footballers.

"Thanks, Cinderace, but we'll need more than just your firepower," Gou said to his partner.

"How about this firepower!" Ash screamed as he jumped onto the beach sand. Behind him, Misty, Lana, Mallow, and Lillie jumped as well.

"Ash!" Gou shouted with joy as his friend had come to save the day.

"And Lana, Mallow, Misty, and Lillie, they're all here!" Chloe added.

"Wow, that thing is huge!" Misty shouted.

"It's a Dhelmise, a Grass and Ghost type. They normally stay on abandoned pirate ships, but this one is different," Lana explained.

"Could it be a totem Pokemon?" Mallow asked.

"It's possible, but for it to appear somewhere other than Alola?" Lillie puzzled.

"Whatever it is, we'll deal with it in a raid battle!" Ash shouted.

"Yeah," all of them shouted as they readied their partner Pokemon.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Ash commanded.