Chapter 2: Alola! to your family!

After catching up with Red, Leaf, and Gary, Chloe had a suggestion for Ash.
"The beach?" Ash asked, puzzled.
"Yep, let's go to the beach. From what I've read, it's a total hotspot for humans and Pokémon," Chloe said, pointing a finger to the brochure in her hand.
"Wow, really? We could see so many exotic Pokémon there! Let's go, Ash!" Goh added.
"I kinda wanted to see more of Red and the others..." Ash said before...
"It's... alright... go," Red said as he put a hand on Ash's shoulder.
"Yeah, we'll have time to catch up more later!" Leaf said energetically.
"Besides, we still need to help Gramps with his research," Gary said with his hands folded.
The professor looked towards Ash's party and said,
"You kids go have fun; in the evening, we'll discuss more about the sync moves and other things." He turned back to Professor Oak.
"Well, I guess we're going to the beach!" Ash said as he raised his hand.
"Yah!!!" Chloe and Goh shouted too.

Panchino Beach
It was a large area of sand bathed with the smooth waves of the Passio Sea, people, and Pokémon. "Wohoo," Ash and Goh shouted as they jumped into the river. 'Splashhhh!' Ash wore blue swim trunks while Goh wore red ones.
Chloe was sunbathing with a pink bikini bearing flower patterns.
In the warm water, Ash and Goh saw many aquatic Pokémon around, from Staryu swiftly swimming around to Pyukumuku on the sea floor. The duo surfaced to take a breath and then...
"Watch out!" A feminine voice cried out from behind Goh.
It was a girl riding a shark Pokémon. The shark stopped at the sight of Goh, and the girl was thrown off the shark.
"Wooooow!" The girl shouted as she landed on the person next to Goh, Ash.
'Whammmm!' Bodies collided on the surface of the water as both parties began to sink.
Ash quickly recovered and swam to the surface, and so did the girl.
"Sorry about that," the girl said.
"You should be more careful next time," Ash rubbed his head.
"Ash?" The girl then said, surprised.
Ash took a closer look at her and saw she had orange hair tied into one ponytail. "Misty?!"
Pikachu, who was on his back, also happily shouted "Pikakapi!"
The two old friends smiled and laughed at each other.
"What are you doing here?" Ash asked.
"Just on vacation with a friend," Misty answered.
"A friend?" Ash asked until he felt a dark aura coming from behind him.
He turned around and saw a petite girl with short blue hair and freckles wearing a one-piece swimsuit.
"Lana!!!!" Ash shouted happily.
"Wow, Ash, you know the Cerulean Gym leader and an Alolan trial captain," Goh said in admiration. Ash rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment until he felt a pinch on his back, "ouch."
"Mmmmm," Lana pouted.
"What's wrong, Lana?" Ash asked.
"She's just grumpy because you didn't pay her much attention," Misty added with a smug grin.
"That's not it at all, Misty!" Lana shouted, her face dyed red.
"Well, it wouldn't kill him to pay a little more attention to his ex-classmate," Lana said as she looked down.
"Sorry, sorry, I just didn't expect this many surprises at once," he said, patting her back.
"Well, you're about to get even more surprises," Lana smiled as Ash looked even more confused.

The group of Lana, Ash, Misty, Goh, and Chloe headed to a big restaurant near the beach.
Lana was telling Goh and Chloe one of her sea tales.
"And then Kyogre flew past the mountains and destroyed an entire landscape!" Lana said, lifting both her hands.
"No way!" Goh shouted.
"Unbelievable," Chloe added.
"I wish I could've been there," Ash sulked.
"Pikaaaaaaa?" Pikachu said, feeling uneasy.
"Just kidding," Lana said as she stuck out her tongue.
The three trainers fell on their faces because of Lana's weird joke, and Misty just laughed.

The group stopped at the door of the restaurant, and Lana opened it.
"Alol... Hehe, I keep forgetting we're not in Alola anymore," Lana laughed.
"Alola! It's alright, as long as it's a greeting, I'll accept it," a green-haired, dark-skinned girl said, smiling.
She turned around to see Ash and the others beside Lana.
"No way!" The green-haired girl shouted.
"Mallow! It's me," Ash shouted in response.
Mallow jumped over the cabinet and rushed over to him, holding both his hands.
She had changed since the last time he saw her. Her new hairstyle was a long ponytail that reached her back instead of the previous two she had. She looked taller, and her face was a little bit more mature.
"Pikaaa!" Pikachu also greeted Mallow.
"It's great to see you two again. I really missed you guys," she said, smiling.
"Yeah, it's been a while. Are you here with your dad or just running the restaurant alone?" Ash asked.
"Hehehe, my dad now trusts me enough to run a solo restaurant of the Aina branch in Pasio," Mallow said, puffing out her chest.
"That's great! I know where I'm eating from now on," Ash said, pointing at Mallow.
She smiled deeply.
"So, can I take your order?" Mallow said but was cut off.
"Sorry, but Ash has other surprises to look forward to. You guys can have your food reunion later," Lana said, pushing Ash up the stairs of the restaurant.
Misty followed and just smiled at Mallow. Chloe smiled too while dragging Goh, who was muttering something about more trial captains.
"Well, I'm coming too!" Mallow shouted as she pouted.

Rooftop
A couple and their baby were enjoying the Passio view until the man, wearing a lab coat with no shirt and beach shorts with a white cap, turned to see his ex-pupil.
"Ash?" Kukui asked.
"Yep, it's me, Professor. Didn't expect to see you here," Ash giggled.
"Hahaha, it's good to see you haven't changed a bit. Hey, Burnet, it's..." Kukui was interrupted as Burnet quickly gave the baby to him and rushed to hug Ash.
"Oh, my boy is back! Mama's missed you," Burnet hugged him tightly, and he hugged back.
"I've missed you too, Professor Burnet," Ash said with joy.
"Why is that woman acting like Ash's mom?" Chloe asked.
"Well, that's because this is the family Ash stayed with during his year in Alola. So, in a way, they're his Alolan family," Misty answered.
"That sounds legit," Goh added.

After settling down, Ash got the opportunity to see Kukui and Burnet's son.
Ash held the baby correctly in his arms and swayed back and forth.
"He looks just like you, Professor Kukui," Ash said.
"Except for the beard," Mallow joked, and everyone laughed.
"Well, he's got his mother's eyes," Lana added.
"That's true, but I'm sure when Lye grows up, he's going to be a trainer like his Alolan elder brother," Burnet smiled at Ash.
"Is that right? You're going to be a trainer one day?" Ash said happily, holding Lye to his face. Col laughed at the antic, Pikachu felt jealous that Ash was giving so much attention to Lye and was staying on Goh's shoulder.
"Ash is surprisingly good with kids," Lana said.
"I wonder if he'll be this good with his own kids?" Misty laughed a bit.
"Right?" Mallow smiled.
The three girls laughed while Chloe was kinda lost.

"That dummy mom, sending me out of the conference room. I don't get her at all," a fair girl with blonde hair, wearing a white dress with a Sunday bonnet, was approaching the Aina restaurant.
Ash realizing whose voice this was quickly ran to the edge of the roof and shouted...
"Lillie, I'm back!"
Lillie froze at the sight of Ash from the rooftop. Her last memories of him flashed before her eyes, and she then fainted at the spot, her face red as a tomato. Everyone rushed down to help the poor girl.

Ather foundation passio branch.
Conference room
A woman with blonde hair wore a plain white suit. She sat at the top desk with a boy who also had blonde hair but was wearing a black suit instead of white. He had a name tag on which said Gladion.
On the other side of the room were two blonde kids, twins in fact, a boy and a girl.
The boy was holding two eggs in his hands, while the girl was folding her hands. The boy wore a red shirt and blue pants, while the girl wore a red short-sleeved jacket on top of a white shirt with a blue tie. Her skirt was pitch black.
The girl stepped forward and asked,
"You're our mom, aren't you?"

That's it this suddenly development might change the course of the whole story.