CHAPTER 1

***
"Fuck! We can't apparate here, D! McGonagall must have renewed the wards." says Elara, panting, as she keeps running.

Draco and Elara ran through the Forbidden Forrest, towards the Black Lake as Greyback and Dolohov were after them.

The sky grey, as the dark mark appears among the clouds. The wind, still. Wands raised with a cast of 'Lumos' as the great Albus Dumbledore lays cold in defeat. It was almost as if time had stopped. The silence poignant to each soul present.

"D, I can't run any further!" Elara exclaims, as she tries to catch her breath. Draco turns around and grabs Elara's hand as they apparate out of Hogwarts grounds.
***

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty! It's the first day of fourth year!" Theo exclaims as he barges into Elara's room. "What the fuck, Theo?" she mumbled. Nonplussed, she sat up as her eyes flutter.

"You too, Beast! Get up! Rise and shine!" says Theo, walking out of Elara's room, louder, as he then aggressively bangs on Draco's bedroom door.

Draco and Elara were appointed as Slytherin's head boy and head girl this year. They share a cozy, tiny apartment-like dorm at the top of the Slytherin tower, with two bedrooms, a bathroom in between, separating the two rooms, a seating area with a fireplace, two couches and a coffee table just outside the bedrooms.

"Wakey wakey! Wakey wakey! Time for school! Come on guys! Wakey wakey! We're going to miss it! Wake up!" Theo exclaims as he jumps up and down Elara's bed. "Geez, I'm up! I'm up!" she huffed, as she got out of bed. 

Elara grabs her towel and walks out her bedroom door, to the bathroom. As she walks out, she saw Blaise sitting on the couch. Still barely awake, she could see him silently mouthing "I'm going to kill Theo" as his left hand runs across his neck, dreading the morning already.

"Do you ever shut up, Nott?" Draco mumbled as he slowly walks out of his bedroom. His platinum blonde hair untamed, eyes barely open, he made his way to the seating area and slumped on the couch, across Blaise.

"First day of school, Malfoy. Don't tell me you forgot." says Theo with a sneaky grin as he leaned above Draco, lightly smacking Draco's forehead repeatedly. "Knock it off, Nott. I had a long night." Draco replied, expressionless, as he swiped Theo's hand away from his face.

"It's too damn early for this shit, Theo." Elara said, as she walks out the bathroom wrapped in a towel which only covers her chest down to her thighs. Things suddenly got quiet as Theo, Blaise and Draco stared.

"You boys got some uhh, drool. Right there." she sneered, eyes narrowed, with her right hand pointing the edge of her lips as she walks into her room. The boys frantically shifted their sights to random objects in the room, acting as if they weren't just staring at her like bloody idiots.

Elara has always been close with the boys ever since first year. She has always been comfortable around them.

This year, things were a tad different. She had hit puberty over the summer. Her changing body was getting more and more noticeable. Her bust grew larger, her waistline much curvier. Even before all that, she had always caught the attention of many in school. But, she had never shown any interest or dated anyone as she was more of a 'suffer in silence' kind of person.

It was still dark out as the minute hand pointed at nine, indicating fifteen minutes before seven in the morning. No one was up yet. It was just the four of them, sneaking out the Slytherin common room, out the castle.

Through the dark hallways and corridors, they tiptoed and whispered, making sure they got out unnoticed. They walked all the way to the side of the Black Lake and sat on the rocks. It was frigid as the autumn wind blew. The sun slowly rose, casting away the cloak of night.