CHAPTER 10

"Merlin what happened to you, Stardust?" Blaise asks, concerned, as he takes a seat across her in the great hall for breakfast. "I tripped in the bathroom, I'm fine, Blaise. Don't worry about me." Elara replied.

Draco huffed, hearing her answer Blaise's question, as he pushes his food around on his plate.

"Hey, Ellie." says Theo. "Hey..." she replied, without looking at him.

Blaise kept looking at Elara, then at Theo, then back at her, as awkwardness fills the air.

"Ellie, look. I'm sorry about what happened at the hospital tower, the other day. It really wasn't my place to say all that." says Theo as he  gently grabs her hand.

" -Sigh-, you are forgiven, Mr. Theodore Nott." she said, rolling her eyes. "Friends again?" Blaise sneered in a high-pitched voice, wiggling his fingers. "Oh shut up, Blaise. You idiots know I can't stay mad at you guys for long." Elara huffed, once again, rolling her eyes.

The minute hand points at nine, indicating fifteen minutes before twelve, noon.

"Class dismissed." says Snape.

"Fifteen minutes early? This is so unlike you professor..." Theo sneered, as he twirls his hair. "Don't make me change my mind, Mr. Nott." Snape replies, expressionless. "Very well, Sir." says Theo as he and the rest of the class stood up and left.

"Miss Stardust, you stay back." says Snape, before she left class.

They both waited until the classroom was fully empty.

"What's wrong, professor?" she asked, confused as to why he asked her to stay back.

"What did the Dark Lord tell you last night?" Snape asks. "I'm sorry, what?" she said, confused. "Don't act stupid now, girl. We're running on borrowed time. Tell me what did the Dark Lord ask of you?" Snape says.

Elara stood there silent, not knowing whether she could trust him or not.

He grew frustrated and pulled out a parchment and started writing on it.

Do not speak of this to anyone, Miss Stardust.

The Dark Lord told me about you. He has asked me to watch over you, to make sure you are doing what you're told. And on the other hand, I am also working for Dumbledore.

"How do I know if I could trust you, Professor?" Elara queried.

Snape continues writing on the parchment.

Do not speak of this to anyone, Miss Stardust.

The Dark Lord told me about you. He has asked me to watch over you, to make sure you are doing what you're told. And on the other hand, I am also working for Dumbledore.

Meet me at Dumbledore's tower, eleven tonight. Sharp.

"Very well then, Professor." she said, as she then walks out the classroom.

"Gosh, Elara. What happened to you?" Conor asks, tilting her chin up to face him. "I tripped and fell in the bathroom this morning, it's nothing. I'm alright." she said as she gave him a kiss.

Conor didn't buy it.

Honestly, neither did she, if the tables were turned. But she couldn't say anything about it to anyone. It was frustrating. But she needs to think of what's best for everyone around her.