CHAPTER 7

"Good morning, Miss Stardust." Moody said, catching up to Elara as they walked through the Forbidden Forrest. "Good morning, Professor." Elara replied. "Big day, today. Are you excited?" Moody asked. "I'm actually quite nervous." Elara replied. "Why so?" Moody asked. "Don't you think it's unsafe for them to compete against literal dragons, Professor?" Elara said. "Well..." Moody said. "Where's the fun without a little danger, huh?" Moody continued. "What?" Elara questioned, arching an eyebrow. "I'll catch up with you later..." Moody said, walking away before Elara could say anything else. "Weirdo." Elara muttered under her breath.

"Stardust!" Theo exclaimed from afar, walking next to Blaise. "Theo! Blaise! Hey!" she said, walking closer towards the both of them. "Hey Ellie!" Blaise said, giving her a big bear hug. "I'm so sorry I didn't waited for you both... Head girl duties." she huffed. "No, no, it's alright." Blaise said. "Well, how are you feeling about the first task?" Theo asked. "I am rather convinced that the school is trying to murder them." she huffed.

"Bets! Place your bets!" Fred exclaimed. "Bets taken! Bets taken her!" George continued. "Step up, folks! Who fancies a flutter in today's bloodbath?" Fred exclaimed. "Smart money on Krum to survive! Any bets?" George exclaimed.

"Oi Banana One, Banana Two!" Theo exclaimed. "Hey!" Elara exclaimed, thrashing Theo on the shoulder. "Ouch! Sorry..." Theo said, rolling his eyes.

"Oi Weasleys!" Theo exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder. "Placing a bet there, Nott?" George said. "Money's on Krum, mates." Theo said. "Ahhh, smart choice." Fred said as he took Theo's money. "Just wondering, don't you people have any faith in Harry? That Diggory boy? Or maybe the Beaubaxton girl, Fleur Delacour?" Elara scoffed. "If I were you, I'd be smart." George said. She rolled her eyes in annoyance. "So, placing any bets, princess?" Fred asked. "Money's on Delacour. I believe in the power of women. Unlike you people." she said, handing George her money. "As you wish, princess..." Fred and George replied in unison.

"Your attention, please. This is a great day for all of us. Each of three tasks involves very considerable danger." Dumbledore said through the tip of his wand placed on the neck, on the pulse point as it creates a microphone effect as he speaks. "No shit, Sherlock..." Elara scoffed under her breath. "Please keep at your seats at all times. This will minimize any risks you may be exposed to." Dumbledore continued.

"Bloody hell, that was loud." Blaise scoffed, as the loud bang of the canon roars in the arena. "Diggory's up!" Theo exclaimed.

"Diggory! Diggory! Diggory!" the Hufflepuffs cheered as the rest of the audience joined in.

As the first tasks resumes, Elara caught a glimpse of Conor eyeing her from across the arena. He smiles and then signals her to exit the arena.

"My apologies for the extremely weird meeting location." says Conor as they met up under the bleachers. "No worries, it's not like the boys and I don't occasionally come here to... hang out." she scoffed. "Anyways, is there anything you would like to talk about, Conor?" she continued. "I... Alright. I really need to talk to you about this." Conor stuttered, taking a deep breath. "Mhmmm, spit it out." she said, as her eyes met his. "I'm not usually this straight forward but, there's something about you that makes it... Hard for me to resist." Conor said, averting his sight. "I... I like you, Elara Stardust." says Conor.

She could feel her face getting warm as her cheeks crimsoned. Her palms started to sweat.

"I like you... A lot... You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. And your personality... it's... It's intriguing." Conor said as his eyes met her arctic blues once again.

Shocked, she stood silent.

"I... I..." was all she could say.

"You don't have to do or say anything about it. I understand, completely. This must be very shocking to you." says Conor, nervously.