CHAPTER 9

"Well, a very good morning to you, Sleeping Beauty." Theo mumbles, eyeing Elara as she walks into the dorm. "Good morning, Theo." she said, as she quickly walks into her room.

She was still upset and hurt by the backlash she'd gotten from Theo and Draco. At that exact moment, she kind of wish she had a girl bestfriend to talk to about how excited she was about her first boyfriend, without all the judgements and the snarky comments.

"Oh, good morning Ellie!" says Blaise, cheerfully, as he enters Elara's room and reaches out for a hug, like he usually does. "Good morning, Blaise." she said, hugging him back. "Are you okay? How are you feeling? How was last night?" Blaise asks.

Blaise has always been a sweetheart to Elara. He really makes sure that she knows that he's always there for her.

"I'm more than okay, Blaise. Thank you for asking. And honestly, I feel amazing. And last night... Last night was... Something." she said, smiling at him. "That's good, Ellie. I'm happy that you're happy." says Blaise, smiling back. "I hope you are too." she said. "About that..." Blaise said. "Yeah??" Elara asks, concerned. "I'm seeing someone." Blaise said. "Who's the lucky girl?" she squealed in excitement. "Patience, Ellie. You'll meet her soon." Blaise said, smiling to himself.

"As much as we are all dreading this, the Yule Ball has been a tradition in the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On christmas eve-night, we and our guests are to gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." Snape announces, stern, as all the Slytherins gather in a large classroom.

"As we are hosting the Triwizard Tournament this year, I expect you all to put your best foot forward because the Yule Ball is first and foremost, a dance." Snape continues.

Whispers emit as the girls, especially, are ecstatic for the dance. The boys on the other hand, are mostly shrugging, completely dreading it.

"Silence!" Snape exclaimed, leaving the students all in shock. "Salazar Slytherin has left us, left this house, with full pride and respect. I will not let any of you destroy his century-long legacy over your mischief and pure stupidity." Snape continues.

Everyone looked at one another in silence.

"I'm no dance teacher, so I don't know a bloody thing about dancing. Miss Stardust?" says Snape. "Y-yes Professor?" Elara stuttered. "You will be leading today's dance lesson." Snape continues. "H-huh? Me? Excuse me?" she said, as her eyes widened.

"Miss Elara Stardust. To my knowledge, or to most likely, anyone's knowledge here, your family is ranked one of the highest among the highest, somewhat, lord-like in our world. It must be such a pity that a family as prestigious as yours wouldn't spend a penny at the very least, making sure their only heir knows how to dance at balls." Moody huffed, as he enters the classroom.

"Fine." Elara said, rolling her eyes as she stood up and walked to the middle of the classroom.

"You too, Mr. Malfoy." Moody exclaims.

Her face felt warm as her eyes met Draco's, as he slowly walks towards her.

"N-now firstly, w-we take a deep breath. A-and." she stammered, as her face grew warmer and warmer.

"Stammer any more and you'll seize. Relax." Draco whisper-shouted through his cold expression. "I-I can't do this. I don't do public speaking, D." Elara whispered back.

Draco gently takes her right hand and places it on his shoulder, as his left hand slowly slithers down to her waist. His right hand reaches out to hers as he lets her adjust to his touch.

"Breathe..." he mouths, as they both slowly start to dance.

"Firstly, take a deep breath and let your body breathe. Feel the rhythm." Elara said as her eyes were locked onto his.