CHAPTER 4

"Norman Vincent Peale? Another muggle book? Really?" Theo huffed. "He is an American muggle author. This is a limited edition copy. I thought they ran out of these? How in the world did you get it?" Blaise asks. "Oh come on, Blaise. She's a Stardust. Going all out for a silly muggle book won't damage her inheritance." Theo huffed. "Oh shut it. I love his writing." Elara said.

The trio continued reading as they all laid in her bed.

"Hey Malfoy! Long time no see! Wanna join us?" Theo exclaimed as he saw Draco walking to his room. "Oh um..." Draco replied as both him and Elara accidentally made eye contact. Internally panicking, they frantically shifted their sights away from one another as both their faces crimsoned. "I-I have something to do. I'll catch up with you guys later." Draco said as he quickly walks in and out of his room.

" -Gasp- That bitch!" Theo sneered under his breath, acting as if he was offended that Draco didn't want to join them. "The two of you aren't still avoiding eachother after the ferret incident aren't you?" Blaise said as both him and Theo stared at her with their eyes narrowed. "Oh no! Of course not. Him and I... We... We're just busy. That's all." she replied, quickly looking down at her book.

"What's up, bitches!" Adrian exclaimed as he barges into the room. "Bloody hell, Pucey. You know, there's this thing called knocking." Theo huffed. "No time for that, Nott. I'm here to send out invitations." Adrian said. "Invitations?" Blaise asks. "She didn't tell you guys?" Adrian said, pointing towards Elara. "I'm throwing a party in the Slytherin common room tonight. Of course I needed approval from our big boss, Miss Stardust here. I needed her to make sure the professors won't come in and catch us." Adrian continued. "Sorry boys, it must've slipped my mind." she said. "So are you grandmas coming or what?" Adrian said as he arches an eyebrow. "Obviously. What's a party without the life of the party." Theo said, pointing to himself. Blaise and Elara rolled their eyes in unison. "So, I'll see you guys tonight, eleven. Sharp." Adrian said as he left.

The minute hand pointed at six, indicating thirty minutes past ten o' clock at night.

"What the fuck am I supposed to wear?" Elara muttered to herself. "I usually need atleast an hour to get ready. It's already half past ten. There's no way I'll get ready in time." she thought to her self as she sat at the corner of her bed with her face in her palms.

"Jade... Are you alright?" Draco said from outside Elara's room as he peaks through from the small opening of the door. She sighed as a response. "Can I come in?" Draco said as he slowly pushes the door open. She nodded, with her face still in her palms.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, concerned. "I have nothing to wear." she huffed, standing up and walking towards the mirror, eyeing her own reflection, only wrapped in a towel.

Draco knew that her frustration goes deeper that her troubles in finding the right outfit. They both knew it. But they refuse to address it.

Draco stood up and walks to her closet. He pulls out a black turtleneck bodycon dress and hands it to her. "You'd look beautiful in this." Draco said as his grey eyes met her arctic blues.

"How do I look?" Elara asks, walking out of her room, towards Draco who was waiting in the seating area. Draco just stared silently, enthralled.

"D?" she said, breaking the awkward silence. "Yes? Oh, yes. You look stunning." Draco muttered as he nictates before looking away.

"I couldn't reach the back, though. Would you mind, zipping me up?" she said, avoiding eye contact as much as she could. "Su-sure..." Draco replied nervously as he walks towards her.

"May I?" Draco asks, before moving an inch closer to zip her up. "Y-yes..." she stuttered nervously.

The air thickens, defending the awkwardness between them.