1.7} The Sibling's Loss

☄. *. ⋆ "We have to leave. Like right now!" ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

I grab my head to stop the dizziness and blink a few times. "Is everyone okay?" Darius asks us all.

"Is everyone...?" Yasmina hits the wheel with her fist before leaving with a sarcastic chuckle.

"Yaz, wait?" Sammy calls out after Yasmina slammed the door shut. "Wait! Yasmina!" I hop out of the van as everyone else follows.

"We're not okay!" Yasmina shouts. "We're in the middle of a jungle with a monster dinosaur out there, and you... you..."

"Destroyed our only way to get help and lied about it!" Brooklynn shouts at Sammy. "I told you guys!"

"So, you did take Brooklynn's phone? Why, what were you doing?" Darius asks her.

"Probably trying to erase my video of her taking those samples from the Sinoceratops. And you knew about the Indominus Rex because you were snooping around Dr. Wu's office when I ran into you. I knew it!" Brooklynn tells us all as she gets closer to Sammy.

"I didn't mean to destroy the phone. I fell on it when the zipline came down and-" Sammy gets cut off by Ben.

"But you did steal it? You had it that whole time and didn't tell us?" Ben asks.

"Actually wait. Brooklynn what were you doing snooping around also?" I question her getting suspicious.

"I... it doesn't matter. I didn't break our only way to call for help and then lie about it! This is not my fault! This is her fault!" Brooklynn shouts, taking the attention off her.

"Sammy, why were you taking samples and sneaking around." Luca asks with his arms crossed.

"I'm here to spy!" Sammy confesses. Luca and I widen our eyes as we share a look. "For a company called Mantah Corp."

"For that lousy company?" I shake my head. Luca notices the confused stares I got before explaining.

"They're a bioengineering company that also tried to make dinosaurs, before Dr. Wu beat them. They're big rivals with our uncle. This also isn't the first time they've tried to spy either." Luca informs them as he looks at me giving a nod.

"You doomed us all for some lousy company?" Ben exclaims.

"Our ranch was in trouble, so my folks had to borrow a lot of money from some shady people. We didn't know they were fronting people for Mantah Corp. They said we'd lose everything unless I spied for them. Use the behind-the-scenes access I'd get at camp to gather info from Wu's lab, and DNA from dinos, and whatever else they needed. But then Brooklynn caught on, and I got scared, and then everything went wrong." Sammy explained to us.

Luca and I share a look knowing exactly that we thought of the same thing. Which is that we already forgive her. After her story I felt bad for what she had to go through because of the blackmail she received. Knowing she did it for family and not for Mantah Corp itself I had already decided to forgive her.

"This is the last thing I wanted to happen." She tells Yasmina.

"Oh." Yasmina scoffs. "To be next to a broken van on killer Dinosaur island? Hey, me too! What are the odds?"

"Yaz, I-" Sammy starts only to get cut off.

"Was it all a lie, wanting to be friends? Pretending you cared about... You just needed someone to hide what you were doing. Tell me I'm wrong." Sammy doesn't answer as I see her eyes filling up with tears, one even managing to slip down her cheek. My heart breaks for the girl.