4.4} Escape Attempt Fail

☄. *. ⋆ "You're gonna be okay. Now let's go!" ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

Yaz and Mae wake us up as soon as Mae figures out what the cubes are that we're in the T. Rexes food. Mae has a test tube in hand as she starts explaining to us what she's discovered.

"Okay, after careful analysis of the nutrient samples, I've discovered alarmingly high levels of receptor antagonists, as well as adrenal additives." We all start passing the test tube around looking at it.

"These must be the cause of the elevated combative state of animals who've investigated them." Kenji then passes the tube to me.

"N/N, what the heck does she mean?" Kenji asks as I look at the test tube.

"She's saying that the T. Rexes' food has been tampered with." I explain to him giving the tube to Ben who looked at it for a second and gave it to Luca.

"Thank you." Mae nods before getting up and looking at her tablet. "They're adding things that make the dinos more aggressive, and inhabits their ability to feel pain." Mae finished explaining.

"Mantah Corp is the worst." Sammy huffs out.

"Why would they do that?" Darius asked as Luca handed Mae the test tube.

"I have no idea. But it seems more important than ever to get you kids off the island." Mae told us.

"No argument here." Kenji says before coughing. I pat his back as he waves his hand as a sign that he's okay.

Though I get suspicious as when we hung out in winter he'd also cough and end up getting sick the next day because he ignored my warnings of staying inside. Luca would sometimes catch it too, leaving me to convince the staff in letting me help take care of them.

"Are you feeling okay?" Brooklynn asked him. Kenji cleared his throat before answering her.

"Always." I rolled my eyes as his voice changed a small bit when he said it. "Something just got caught in my throat." Brooklynn scoffed, not believing him.

"Sure, Kenj." I roll my eyes as he nudges me.

"Definitely fine." He tells me. I decided to leave it.

"Great. Trying to get off yet another island. Any ideas?" Brooklynn asks as we start to think.

"The supply plane." Mae gasps out. "It comes every two weeks."

"Cool! When's it arrive." Luca asks her.

"That's the thing. The next one's not due for another ten days." Mae answers, causing Luca to groan.

"We can't wait that long." Yaz points out.

"Maybe we don't have to. Any way to make the plane come sooner?" Brooklynn asks.

"Well, I mean, I suppose it would come if there was some kind of emergency." Mae explained.

"If we stop the dinos from eating that messed-up food, Mantah Corp would notice, right?" Sammy questions.

"Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of the altered T. Rex food, and get the supply plane to come early!" Darius explains a plan he just came up with.

"Hang on." Kenji clears his throat. "So, we're just gonna somehow get this supply plane to come? All the while avoiding getting eaten by dinosaurs or zapped by killer robots. Then we just sneak onboard, and hope that Mantah Corp doesn't notice eight kids on the plane until we're back home?" Kenji explained thoroughly.