5.10} Last Fight Begins

☄. *. ⋆ "Hey, wait. That's not fair." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

Ben and I go to the side as we give Bumpy attention, glad she's now safe and no longer in any danger. Also glad to see her again as we had missed her a lot.

"You guys have every right to be mad at me." Kenji says.

"You think?" Yaz angrily says as she has her hands on her hips.

"Thanks for the permission." Brooklynn says, arms crossed.

"Look. He messed up." I say getting up, defending Kenji.

"Oh, is that what we're calling it?" Yaz sarcastically says. "You're his cousin so you're obviously gonna defend him." Yaz then points out.

"Yes. That's exactly what I'm calling it." I cross my arms with a huff. Ben then gets up putting a hand on my shoulder, giving me a nod letting me know that he was gonna help me. He then looks towards the group.

"He betrayed us. He disappointed us. He practically left us for dead." Ben tells the group as I nudge him to tell him he's not helping at all while Kenji clears his throat. Ben sheepishly looks at me before continuing.

"But he knows it was a mistake. He helped save Bumpy. And in my eyes, that's enough for a second chance. Plus, considering what and who we're up against, we're gonna need all the help we can get. He'll have more information to help us then N/N does against Mr. Kon and Mrs. L/N." Ben finishes explaining to the group.

Darius sighs walking off as Luca goes up to Kenji giving him a hug.

"It's good to know you finally realised." Luca smiled at him.

"Took me too long though." Kenji smiles nervously at him before ruffling his hair.

"Watch the hair." Luca playfully glares at Kenji as he fixes his hair. Luca then goes to Darius to check on him. Kenji looks towards the three girls.

"I-I know there's not some magical thing I can say that will make everything right again. I am so, so sorry. I had this idea of who my dad was or who I wanted him to be. I kept telling myself, 'He's not a bad guy'." Kenji then scoffs as he looks towards me.

"Turns out, I was wrong. Me, wrong." Yaz chuckled a bit. "Shocking, I know. But against N/N I'm always wrong when it comes to the family." He then walked up to Brooklynn. "Brooklynn-"

"I had this big speech ready in case I ever saw you again. It now, I... I just..." Brooklynn then sighed disappointed. "I thought I knew who you were." Kenji put his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm still the same me. I'll prove it to you. No matter how long it takes." Kenji tells her as she thinks.

"We'll see." She punches him in the chest lightly as Sammy then gives him a giant hug. I look at Ben.

"Did I also disappoint you guys?" I question him.

"Well, I mean, you did at least hear us out and stay with us. So no, not really." Ben replies with a shrug.

"Then I'm glad I didn't actually leave." I say looking at the ground in guilt since I did consider going with my mum. Ben noticed and put his arm around my shoulders deciding to try and cheer me up somehow.

"Aren't you gonna tell me the whole 'I told you so' line?" Ben used his free hand to make quotations. I looked at him confused.

"Why would I?" I tilt my head to the side.