4.10} Ben's Great Rescue Plan

☄. *. ⋆ "We're back to free you. For the last time." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

Sammy, Yaz and I giggle at how Angel the baby hybrid as well as the baby Brachiosaurus run around. As Yaz and Sammy pat Angel, the baby Brachiosaurus comes over nudging my back.

"You're just a ball of energy." I tell her while Sammy and Yaz talk to Angel. "You can't just interrupt little Angel's snack time to play." I laugh as the baby brachiosaurus roars. She runs around me before running at me making me fall onto my back.

"Hey! No fair!" I yell out before seeing Ben with a bunch of branches look down at me. The little Brachiosaurus comes back also looking down at me. I give the two of them a smile as I get up.

"Come on. We better get them to the cave." Ben tells us. The baby Brachiosaurus tries to bite one of the branches in Ben's hand as he moves back. "It's probably the only safe place for them." The baby brachiosaurus then pushes Ben to the ground.

The branches Ben had collected scatter everywhere. "Hey!" Angel then goes to the berries beside Ben as she starts to eat them while the baby brachiosaurus runs around again, coming back to nudge me every few seconds.

I go over and help Ben up as Angel and the baby brachiosaurus fight over a stick only for Angel to lose and fall down. "Oh no. She's got a stick." I say moving to the side into Ben as I avoid getting scratched by the stick.

"Guess I better restock before we go." Ben says as he moves me to the other side of him and takes the stick from the baby brachiosaurus who's trying to get to me only for Ben to stand in her way.

"Did you guys see that?" Sammy asks as we help Angel back up. "It's so cute when Angel and... the other one." The baby Brachiosaurus comes over, nudging me into Ben as she runs off again. Ben steadies me before we both end up falling again.

"Ben, Y/N, you gotta give her a name." Sammy tells us.

"I've named a fair few before, that if we did it'll have to be a unique name." I tell Sammy. I tilt my head to the side looking at Ben. "Ben?"

"Nuh-uh. If we don't name her, I won't get attached. Then it won't hurt so much when we have to leave her behind. Been there, done that." Ben says.

"Ben..." I give him a hug. "If you want to talk about Bumpy you can." I tell him as he looks to the side.

"There's nothing to talk about. She's there and we're here. Just saying, you've been warned." Ben then turns around. "I'm gonna go find more berries."

"I'll help." I say going beside Ben. The baby Brachiosaurus runs in front of Ben and I trying to stop us from leaving. Ben just moves her head out of the way going past.

"Aww." I put my hands on the baby dino's cheeks. "Still full of energy aren't ya?" It roars a little. "I'm gonna check on Ben. But I'll be right back to play." I tell the baby Dino before running after Ben. I felt a little bad leaving the baby Dino behind as Yaz and Sammy already had their hands full with Angel.

Once I catch up to Ben I help him with collecting some berries as well as leaves. Since the baby brachiosaurus is not gonna keep wanting to eat berries. Ben was silent in thought the whole time which I'm guessing is because he's upset and still thinking of Bumpy. I think of something to cheer him up but knowing what he's going through I know there won't be much I can do besides letting him know I understand what he's going through and be there for him when he wants to talk.

"Before Jurassic World opened to the public, my uncle Masrani would take me with him to the place. Sometimes without Luca." I can see Ben look at me with a look of confusion as he listens.