2.3} The Watering Hole

☄. *. ⋆ "It's a tree though. A heavy fallen tree." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Luca's POV ༻¨*:·.

As I'm sitting down next to Darius relaxing with my eyes closed Kenji throws the water container at us. I jumped a bit at the sudden noise. "No mas agua. A little help." Kenji calls out.

"I got you, Kenj." Darius puts his book and pencil down.

"If you keep doing it for him he won't ever do it himself. Trust me, I know from experience." I told Darius who was about to go down the slide with the container. Darius just shrugs as he slides down going to the river.

"How's the ankle, Yaz?" I question looking towards her.

"Healing up nicely." She smiles.

"Great! Any day now you can take it off and walk on it again." I told her.

"Finally. It's been months." She groans. I look at the chalkboard we had with the markings Yaz made, nodding at what she said.

"Uh, guys?" We hear Darius call out. I go to the edge of the tree house shelter we made. Once we go down and reach Darius we see the water gone from the river.

"Where'd the water go?" Sammy asks as we all stare at an empty stream.

"Why don't we ask Mr. 45-Minute shower?" Yaz says sarcastically as Kenji walks up.

"Hey, looking good is part of my brand. And no way I drained the whole river." Kenji tells her. "But we better figure out what's up. We're gonna run out of water."

"What if it's being blocked?" I asked Darius as Brooklynn went across the empty river.

"Most likely." He says before Brooklynn hushes us. We look around and listen trying to figure out why she hushed us.

"I hear that hum again." She tells us as the others groan.

"Is it close by?" I ask her as I'm the only one to believe her as we both heard it together the first time.

"Not super close. But close enough to hear." She tells me as I nod. "The river must've been draining it out. If I follow that, I can find-"

"The frozen patch of flowers." We all said in sync, catching Brooklynn by surprise.

"Oh, I've mentioned it, huh." She says a bit awkwardly.

"The frozen flowers you saw once but have never found again? Yeah. A few hundred times." Kenji points out.

"Uh, I'm sorry for wanting to get to the bottom of all this weirdness. I came to unbox-" Brooklynn once again gets cut off.

"Unbox Jurassic World, and that's what I'm gonna do." We all said in sync again.

"If you're gonna go look for the noise, I'll come too." Sammy says crossing the empty river. "If that's okay. It'd be nice to have an adventure for a fun reason and not a 'fleeing dinosaurs or facing imminent death' reason."

"I'll go if Sammy is. And Brooklynn too." Yaz says joining the girls.

"Ooh, it's a Camp Cretaceous girl adventure!" Sammy gets excited.

"Great! You do that. Kenji, Luca and I will figure out why the river stopped." Darius informs them.

"Camp Cretaceous boys adventure!" I say with my arm around Darius giving a peace sign towards the girls.

"Kenji, do what now?" Kenji asks us.

"You wanna keep that shower habit of yours?" I say facing him.

"And also survive?" Darius adds. "Let's go unbox the mystery of the missing water."