❥ prologue

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

you're a doll, you are flawless

Emberlei Alastair is a born and raised Kook while also being one of the nicest girls on the island. Her family is known for the fancy restaurant her dad once owned named after his only child, Emberlei herself. Her father, Edward Alastair was also a born and raised Kook who later went to culinary school and opened his restaurant after Emberlei was born. She was his whole world. The apple of his eye.

Her parents were never together, they were actually best friends who hooked up, had Emberlei and stayed best friends and coparents.

For 15 years Emberlei had the typical life of a growing teenager. She contemplated her sexuality, some cared while others didn't and did stupid teenage shit with her friend group, The Pogues. At some point, Ember just started using the label queer and her dad's side of the family switched up. Homophobia ran rapid and suddenly Ember was no longer their little girl, only to them though, Edward couldn't care less what Ember liked.

Emberlei accepted her dad's side being unaccepting, all she really cared about was her dad anyway. She thought that she would never have to deal with them after Edward cut them off, until Edward died suddenly when she was 15. A brain bleed had taken her father's life. Ember shattered. The once always smiling girl had crumbled. Not even her friends could put a smile on her face.

But, he left the restaurant to his only child and his best friend, Ember's mom, Grace, not his family.

They didn't appreciate this of course. As soon as the funeral begun Ember was being harassed by aunts, uncles, her own grandparents. Her mom and stepdad handled it so Ember thought she'd be okay. For three years she was, for three years all she worried about was grades and Pogue drama.

Now it's Pogue drama, a complicated love life and her dad's family threatening her for the popular restaurant.