10. do some coke with me

➻❥

➻❥

"DO NOT RUSH THIS, Emberlei," Moxie warns her as the two walk down the talkative hallways of their high school. Books tight to their chest with their bags on one arm. It's been 3 days since that night on the beach. To Ember's knowledge, only one person knows and she didn't even mean to tell her.

  Moxie West. The girl with stolen Chanel glasses on the bridge of her nose that's walked beside her and Sarah for years.

  The two girls had wanted to keep it on the down low thanks to Topper being Topper. And neither know what they are, they just know they wanna be around each other all the time. Crawling in each other's skin if they could.

   Moxie only found out because she had swung the door open to Sarah's room mid shirtless makeout session.

  "Hmm, I could say the same about you and John," Ember teases her, piercing her lips out. "Okay, neither of us know what the fuck is going on with them but isn't it kinda funny how we're dating exes?" Moxie whispers, chuckling. "You think Sarah will be okay with you and John B?" Ember asks, turning the corner for her last period.

  Gym. She was lucky enough to not have it in the morning or the middle of the day. No sweat stains to build on her shirt, no debilitating fear of smelling bad for the rest of class.

   "Yeah, I don't know. I try not to think about it. Y'know, how this whole group swaps spit."

   "What are you talking about? I've never dated you guys. Gray has a crush on Pope. Sarah and JB dated. Kie and Sarah kissed. You and JB are—you and JB. Me and Sarah are...me and Sarah," Ember shrugs, opening the doors to the locker room. Moxie doesn't have gym this period, she has computer class but she just hides in the locker room and then pops out into the gym when there's too many people for the teacher to notice. Moxie leans against the lockers next to Ember as she opens her locker.

  "Why are you giving me that look?" Ember asks, moving the locker door to raise an eyebrow at Moxie's smug smirk, like she knows something Ember doesn't.

  Moxie leans in, "Your brother is a whore."

   "What?" Ember laughs, "I know but—"

   "No, no. He never told you? I wonder why," Moxie taps her painted pink nail against her lips. Ember takes her shirt off, changing it to her gym shirt, "Moxie, for fucks sakes. What don't I know?" Anxious, Ember rolls her eyes, wondering the same as to why Gray hasn't told her one of his whore like activities.

   "Don't tell him I told you—"

  "Moxie!" Ember throws her hands up, catching the attention of some other girls. It makes her realize that Sarah isn't here yet. Her locker is the set behind hers but she would've said hi to the girls.