25. frosted tips

➻❥

➻❥

               SARAH STEPS IN FRONT of Ember, "What the hell could he want?"

          "To talk—or some bullshit. I don't know. JJ and John B are kicking him out," Kie responds. Ember's fists are clenched and before either girl can stop her, she's running towards the Chateau. He didn't stop Rafe from nearly killing Sarah and JJ. Whatever excuse or excuses he has prepared, Emberlei doesn't want to hear it.

            "Em? Em!" Sarah shouts as she and Kie break into a sprint.

                 Emberlei slams the backdoor open, it hits the screened in porch on impact. Then she swings open the door to the house, the argument between the Pogues and the singular full blooded Kook coming to a halt. Topper's face goes white and Ember is the most pissed she's ever been. If Rafe won't show his face, Topper will feel her wrath.

          "What the hell is wrong with you?" Ember yells, grabbing Topper by the collar.

           "Ember—I wanna talk—"

              "Listen, you can be head over heels for Sarah. That's whatever. At the end of the day she's my girlfriend. But you let Rafe try to kill Sarah AND JJ and thought one of us wouldn't beat your ass? You're stupid. Real fuckin' stupid, Topper!" Emberlei backs him up into a wall, knee between his legs. For once, she's happy there's Alastair blood running through her veins because she's about to beat this frosted tipped asshole's ass with no remorse.

                Sarah stands at the doorway, watching with pure astonishment as her girlfriend, the kindest Pogue of them all—kinder than goddamn Pope—has her ex boyfriend pinned against the wall. Topper even looks scared. "I told him not to! Guys, please. Why would I want to harm you guys? Harm Sarah?" Topper pleads, grabbing at Em's wrist in an attempt to get her off of him but her grip tightens. "Because you're a jealous cocksucker!" Emberlei curses in his face.

        "Topper, it's best if you leave. Like, now," John B comes up beside the two. Sarah carefully walks up behind her girlfriend, resting a hand on her shoulder, "Topper, go—"

             His eyes widen, seeing the damage Rafe has done. There's bandages on her face and bruises all on her tan skin. "Jesus Christ, Sarah," His tone softens, so do his eyes, "I didn't want him to do that, okay? I never once encouraged that! I was flipping my shit the whole time! I begged him to turn around but he refused. He fucking refused."

              "Great speech. Are you done yet?" JJ sasses, standing beside JB. "Dude, this is the worst situation you could be in right now," Moxie rolls her eyes, "I will walk you out if it means you will shut up."