16. if we survived the great war

➻❥

➻❥

  GRAY AND EMBER GAWK at each other. Jaws dropped at the information they just let the other one in on.

   Emberlei wasn't the only one that got laid last night.

   Pope wasn't there last night. No, JJ was though.

  "You fucked JJ? Again?" Ember harshly whispers, thankful that they'd shared last period is always chatty. "You fucked Eevee?!" Gray whispers back. John B stares at the two siblings, jaw dropped as well. They honestly forgot he was there but it's not like he's one to snitch.

  "You both had—sex with a Maybank last night. Jesus, guys," John B scoffs, chuckling as he leans back in his seat. The siblings deadpan him. Gray gets an evil idea, a smirk playing on his face. Both John B and Ember know it isn't a good one but they can't stop something that hasn't happened yet. "Whatever you're about to do—"

   Ember is cut off by a low moan leaving Gray's
mouth. "Oh—John B! John B—"

  "Are you insane?" John B throws his hand over Gray's mouth. The noise caught the attention of a few of their classmates around them. "Sorry," Ember apologizes on behalf of Gray. He roughy moves John B's hand, "I went to use the bathroom last night and heard you two!"

  "And I heard JJ moan when I used the bathroom! What'd you do to him?" John B fakes a stern point. "I don't think you wanna know, John B," Ember rolls her eyes. "Do you? Do you wanna know John B?" Gray teases. John B thinks about it, contemplating the pros and cons. No matter what JJ will tell him at some point.

   "Who topped?" John B asks with a smile. "You seem real excited to know. You sure you aren't gay?" Ember asks with a tilt of her head. "Wha—yes, very," John B replies.

   Gray looks around, leaning in and the other two do the same. "JJ did," Gray says. "Oh. Wow. Expected," John B says, "How about you?"

   Here's the thing. The sex with Eevee was great, amazing. Not better than Sarah though. Ember was and still is hurt from the conversation last night. The sex was like a bandage that had already fallen off by the time she woke up.

  "I—will not be spreading that information. Guys, I feel like shit because of it," Ember confesses to her brother and one of her best friends. John B and Gray share a look. One that lets Ember's stomach turn in nervousness. "What? What was that?" Ember frantically asks. "Why'd you hook up with her?" Gray bluntly asks. "Why'd you hook up with JJ when you have a crush on Pope?" Ember retorts.

  "Oh—" John B watches the two. Gray presses his lips together, inhaling deeply, "Fair. But—why'd you do it?"

  "I have no idea, Gray!" Ember slightly raises her voice. The two boys sit there stunned at her small outburst. Thankfully, the bell sounds and the high schoolers run towards the doors of the school.