19. guess it's like this

➻❥

➻❥

  GRACE ELLIOT IS LOSING it, Emberlei is losing it, Lucie is losing it and last but not least—Grayson Elliot is losing it.

Prom is in 4 hours yet that doesn't seem like enough time for anyone in the house. Ember just got out of the shower and the million face masks Aunt Lucie gave her are laid out on the Em's counter.

They all do different things. Make the face less puffy, make it glowy, even out redness. Emberlei is usually just a basic skincare routine girl, maybe doing a face mask if one of the girls asks to do them.

"Aunt Lucie," Emberlei steps into her room, a gray towel wrapped around her body, "What face mask do I do?"

Lucie scoffs, flipping her hair in Grace's face, "Have you not taught her skincare?" Grace takes a deep breath, clearly annoyed by her little sister, "She didn't need it. Ember's skin has been clear since the day she was born. Lucky little shit," Grace teases, nudging her with her shoulder. Emberlei tilts to the side, smiling and nudging her mom back.

"Well, I say do them all. There's time," Lucie checks her phone, "Yeah, there's time!"

"I—okay!" Ember spins back around to put clothes and the face masks on.

Gray walks in, a mint clay mask stuck to his face, "How's she doing?"

"Why is your face blue?" Ace asks in as he walks into Ember's room behind his son. "It's a clay mask. Maybe you should use it because you're old," Gray says to his dad. "How old are you dad?" Olive asks, cradling Elsa like a baby.

Emberlei opens her door, eyes widening when she sees everyone in her room. "Okay, love you all but, get out. Please. You can leave Elsa though," Ember points at her cat in Olive's arms. The little redhead places the cart on the ground, "Can I use a mask?" A smile beams across Ember's face, "Uh, yeah. Yeah. There's one that looks like a panda!" Everyone leaves the room except Olive and Elsa.

"See," Emberlei hands her the mask, "...a panda."

Olive rips open the package, "What's it do?"

"Uh, make your face clean," Ember squeezes Olive's cheeks, making them both giggle. "Oh," Olive drags out, placing the mask on her face and failing to align the panda's face with her own. Elsa hops in Emberlei's lap, purring as she makes herself comfortable.

Olive giggles, looking around her sister's room, "Your dress is so pretty."

She doesn't have her dress on yet but she keeps staring at it hanging next to her closet. Who knew that the day Sarah picked that dress, they would kiss hours later? Emberlei didn't. She thought she'd never kiss Sarah Cameron. But now they're going to prom together, wearing a dress the other picked out.