1. like, full on committed and shit?

➻❥

➻❥

IF YOUR RICH AND your family loves you, you've won, right? It should be that simple. You're not seen as anything except the really nice rich girl with the restaurant named after her. The girl that gets along with most people, Pogues and Kooks alike.

Emberlei Alastair is seen as that rich girl, yeah, but the rich girl with a dead dad, a hot stepbrother (according to half the island, not Ember), and lastly, the rich queer rich girl.

Thankfully the last part comes with a mere shrug of the shoulder and they move on most of the time.

Unless your dead dad's family has been gunning for you and making fun of anything at their fingertips. Somehow being homophobic means you'll win the battle for a family restaurant.

Ember sits on a counter in the kitchen, busy chefs swarm around her as the crowd outside becomes worse. Saturday's are always the busiest.

"Em," Grayson shoves his step sister, his black apron falls off as his waist, relieved his shift finally ended, "Time to go home."

"Finally," She hops off the counter, "Why'd they schedule us at different times?"

"You realize Grace, your mom, is the manager?" Grayson laughs, making their way through the crowd of people that know them. Not a single face on the island doesn't recognize the Alastair/Elliot family.

Two powerful families came together years ago and now they're practically the face of the island—practically because the Cameron family is the face of the island.

Ward Cameron, star realtor who built himself from the ground up alongside his wife, Rose,  is best friends with Ace Elliot, Ember's beloved stepfather. The families are almost identical.

Older brother, middle sister, younger sister. One step parent and one dead parent.

"I thought you were staying till closing?" Grace shouts from the hostess area as her kids walk past. "No, no. You scheduled him for 7. No later. We have places to be. Love you," Ember plants a kiss on her mother's cheek, spinning around on her heel before leaving the restaurant.

The buzzing of electricity reminds her of the big, orange glowing sign above them that reads the teen girl's name.

EMBERLEI

Her father's only child. The only one left to continue and fix the family name.

Edward Alastair had died only three years ago when Ember was 15. It was unexpected but it was a brain bleed. Ed had fought for awhile but Ember couldn't bear to see her dad like that everyday, her gut was telling her he was only holding on for his daughter. Selfishly, a part of her didn't want to give him the go ahead for a while but she did. Ember had sobbed over her father's dying body, telling him it was okay to go, that she's not mad at him for leaving her.