Chapter 1

Friday, January 4th, 20??.

I made the dumb mistake of leaving my window opened, so I was freezing in the morning. It was certainly colder here than it was back at my other home, but it didn't matter.

I got myself dressed according to the weather, and slowly walked outside my house. I then turned around to lock the door behind me.

The air was cold. It might've been enough to cause hypothermia if appropriate clothing wasn't being worn.

I began my slow trudge to the school. A faint crunch can be heard each time I made a step, as I was walking through the few centimeters of snow.

It was hard to see. You can look no farther than about 40 feet in front of you, every now and then I would see 2 rays beaming at me from the fog, only for the rays to speed past me in the opposite direction.

I was getting close to the place I didn't want to go to. I felt like I had no need to be in this hellhole, but unfortunately, I would just create more problems skipping.

Most of the fog eventually cleared, and I was able to see farther than I was able to a couple of minutes ago. That didn't mean the snow did, if anything, it worsened.

The white crystals were landing on my midnight colored hoodie, and on my skin. The touch was obviously cold, but nothing that would harm you in the long run. The sensation didn't startle me at all.

Nothing really did.

After a few more minutes of walking, I was able to make out the shape of what seemed like a school. The one I had to go to just now.

I crossed the street and walked slower in the direction of the school, and as I opened the door in a "why do i have to be here" manner, I jerked my head around to see the principal staring at me from a distance, smiling and waving.

She's never felt what I've been through. Hopefully she never will. The pain I endured has only hardened how I feel. The outside air was comparable to what I felt inside.

Cold.

I have known the principal for a couple of weeks now. She knows what happened to me, and my past. She understood the pain I have gone through, but unfortunately that was no exception to me ditching my educational prowess. So after she heard about what had happened in my life, she decided to bring me here, but it did come with a few nice costs.

Since I lived with no one, she bought me my own little house and took care of the bills and electricity, basic needs for a human. I actually worked, or I did, before I moved here I worked in fast food and used that money to buy basic necessities such as food, water, and clothes.

I suppose people will eventually find out where their school donations have gone to.

She then walked up to me.

"So, you finally arrived!" She said to me, holding a yellow sheet of paper.

I just nodded in return.

She then handed me the yellow-colored sheet of paper. It had a chart reading all my classes.

1 ALGEBRA 2 - 7:30-8:37 - ROOM A103

2 ENGLISH 2 - 8:42-9:49 - ROOM A110

3 WORLD LANGUAGE - 9:54-11:01 - ROOM A107

4 LUNCH - 11:06-11:41

5 ADVANCED/HONORS CHEMISTRY - 11:46-12:54 - ROOM B205

6 WORLD HISTORY 1500 UP - 12:59-2:06 - ROOM B220

7 PHYSICAL/BODILY EDU. - 2:11-3:18 - GYM2

"Here is your schedule. If you need help finding your classrooms, I'm sure our pupils wouldn't mind helping you out!" She added.