Chapter 6 - 1/2

Green POV

There was a gray hue to the scene. The buildings around me were consumed by it. The buildings surrounding the scene were all the same architecture, medieval it seemed.

The sense of the air and the buildings told me my location. I wasn't in North Am***, but instead in Eu***.

I was back in the place I didn't want to be.

I was vulnerable here. They were too.

Suddenly there was a car driving towards my direction. A car that seemed very familiar...

...a little too familiar.

It all came back to me in an instant. The car came to a stop and 4 people came out of it.

What seemed like a happy family of 4. A mom, dad, a little brother and a big brother. They seemed my age.

My heart dropped at the sight. It was them, a year ago. Before everything happened, when everything still had a purpose and there was a reason to be happy.

Because everything was alright back then. But not anymore.

It never will be.

They walked into the exact restaurant that it happened in. I walked towards it to get a better view.

It was the four of us just laughing at one of my older brother's jokes, who would've known this would be the moment that changed everything.

The waiter came to them and took their orders. I remember vividly what I ordered, some pasta. We were in It***, it would be a crime to not order a food that was popular to them.

After they finished ordering, they all sat in silence, just enjoying each other's presence. The main event had just begun though, as a black car came swerving down the street our car came from and stopped.

Out of the car came 6 men, all dressed in black, each holding M16s or MP5s. All of them except for one wore sunglasses. The one without the sunglasses would do all the talking.

I could see through the window my parents eyes widening at the scene. All the men then walked into the restaurant and aimed their guns at my parents.

"You know what we have been after. Tell us the location, or we take your life." One of them said.

"What? How...did you? Huh?" Was all my mom was able to say at the moment.

"I'm not gonna ask again!" One of the other men said.

"Just tell them." I can hear my dad whisper to my mom.

"That's not happening. If they get ahold of this artifact, we will be doomed for eternity." She said back in a whisper.

"Whatcha whispering back there?" One of them shouted.

"Honey, call the police, both of you hide." She told me, handing me her phone.

The next part was the worst decision my brother has ever made.

"I'm not leaving you two, I don't know what I would do without you guys."

That's what I was thinking about, but I'm making it.

Barely.

The vision was getting blurry. With my mom's phone in 'old me's' left grip, he ran away while calling the police. I turned my head around, and it seemed like 'old me' did as well in sync, and we both heard and saw 3 big bursts of light through the window and frantic shouting.

The window exploded red, glass shattered and popped off the window frame, and it seemed like security officials had already arrived at the scene, a little too late.