Chapter 16

Wednesday, February 28th, 20??

Green POV

I wanted to be outside and just overall needed some fresh air from what happened yesterday, as well as because of how I'm feeling today.

It felt like some sort of clinical depression dawned over me, and overall, I wasn't gonna have it with myself to be honest. I felt like I was returning to the shell that Sienna cracked when we first met.

My emotionless, cold shell.

The flame inside of me that I thought would never die, on the verge of being put out by an ice-bucket full of cold water.

I didn't know what to wear when I was gonna go out, so I just ended up wearing a green hoodie that I found laying around my floor (unhygienic I know). It just so happened to be the one I normally would wear whenever I was with Sienna.

I opened the front door to a rather-pleasant scent. The air was cool, with the occasional breeze of wind blowing into your face. Apart from that, it was a chill, nearly-Spring evening.

I used my keys to lock my front door and walked down my porch. I just needed to relieve my mind off of things, and take some stress off of me. I decided I would just go for a long walk.

I figured it was too dark or maybe even suspicious to head over to the park or lake, so I figured a long walk around town would do.

It wasn't that I was scared. I don't think so at least. I just didn't want to get caught up in something that I didn't want to be involved in. After all, Erik told me that during the night the lake is a prime hotspot for illegal activities.

What a great thing to know.

Obviously, the plan wasn't to go into town, but just walk around it and maybe check out a few places, to..you know..

..clear my mind off of things, or clear my mind off of a special somebody, my Sienna.

I started and walked slowly on my long walk. The atmosphere was calming and relaxing, something I very much needed.

Over time, a little bit of fog started to settle itself around me, and it got a little hard to see, but it wasn't anything that would cause problems.

I noticed that the leaves of some trees were beginning to grow again, and every now and then you could see a bird or two flying overhead. At least what I thought were birds..

For some reason, I felt close to the leaves that were growing on the trees. The tree had been there its whole life, and now new leaves were introduced to it's life, just for them to leave it again in a few months.

Almost like they resembled something in some sort of special way.

Haha, funny.

I checked my phone and it read 8:08pm. I figured I had nothing to do at home, so I did what any sane person would do.

I decided to walk further into the fog, not knowing how long I would take, not having any worry in the world, not being anyone's care in the world anymore..

..not having anything..in the world anymore..

Sienna POV

The start of the mall trip was sort of boring, all of us were just following one another while the other would window shop.

Jake and I started to talk a little bit more between each other as we kept walking. I didn't feel anything for him still, as I will forever only look at him as my friend. My heart already belongs to someone else..