Chapter 12

Gabriel POV

I was looking at her through the glass window, wanting to break it so that I could hold her.

My dad hasn’t stopped sobbing ever since he saw her.

His palms were pressed against the glass window, and his eyes were fixed on her.

Deputy Harris just told her that she was kidnapped when she was a newborn.

She looked shocked and confused.

“I know that this is a huge shock to you, Aria.” the deputy said. “I know that you have a lot of questions right now. Do you want to ask me something?”

She remained silent, and I got so fucking nervous. I needed her to say something.

“Aria?” the deputy called her worriedly.

That was it. The worry in the deputy’s voice was enough for me to know that I needed to go to her right the fuck now. I ran toward the door and ripped it open.

I was going to get her. I didn’t give a fuck.

My dad grabbed me and pulled me back.

“Not now, Gabriel.” he said, his voice breaking. “She is scared. We need to take it easy.”

“She needs me!” I shouted, trying to break free.

A cop came to help my dad hold me back.

They pulled me back to the room and the cop closed the door behind us.

My dad kept his arms wrapped around me tightly.

My eyes fell on her again, and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

“Just a few more minutes, bud.” my dad said softly. “Just a few more minutes.”

The door to the room we were in opened and sheriff Rivers walked inside. He looked at my dad’s arms around me and raised an eyebrow.

“Gabriel is having a hard time waiting.” my dad explained.

The sheriff nodded and looked through the glass at Aria.

“She looks so much like Gabriel.” the sheriff said.

“She looks just like Jo.” my dad said, his voice breaking. “She looks just like my Jo. She is my child. I don’t need a DNA test.”

“It’s protocol, Henry.” the sheriff sighed.

Fuck the protocol. She was my sister. I knew it. My heart knew it. She was my twin.

“Where are the fuckers?” my dad asked angrily.

I clenched my fists and tightened my jaw. I wanted to kill them.

“Interrogation room.” the sheriff said. “I’m giving them time to wonder about the conversation ahead of them. I want them to be on edge. They will blurt out more if they are nervous.”

My eyes were on my sister. She looked nervous and scared. I didn’t know what was going on inside. I didn’t know what the deputy was telling her. I wasn’t listening to them. I was listening to the conversation between my dad and the sheriff.

“Who are they, Owen?” my dad asked.

“I don’t know.” sheriff Rivers sighed. “We will know more after the interrogation.”

I watched as deputy Harris stood up and walked out of the interrogation room, closing the door behind himself. A second later, the door to the room we were in opened.