Chapter 37

Henry POV

I was taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. I would need to stay calm in there. I couldn’t do anything that would keep me away from my daughter.

My beautiful baby girl.

I loved her so fucking much. I couldn’t wait to get back home to her and Gabriel. I wanted to wrap my arms around my children and never let them go.

“Do you have a picture of her?” Julian asked as we waited for Owen to let us inside the interrogation room.

His voice was raspy and laced with a mixture of anger and pain. He was staring at the wall opposite us. His fists were clenched, and his jaw was tightened.

“I don’t.” I said, eyeing him up and down.

“Does she really look like Jo?” he asked, closing his eyes.

I could hear pain in his voice, and it broke my heart a little.

“She does.” I said softly. “But she is not Jo, you know that, right?”

This wasn’t the place to talk about this, but I just couldn’t keep quiet. I had to tell him this. I couldn’t let him treat my daughter like she was his sister. She looked so much like her mom, but she wasn’t her. She was Aria. My Aria. My little girl. My daughter and his niece.

Julian looked at me, and I saw pain in his eyes.

“I know that she is not Jo.” he said quietly.

“Okay.” I nodded. “I needed to say it.”

Julian nodded just as the door to the interrogation room opened and Owen stepped outside.

Julian and I stood up immediately.

Owen closed the door and gave us a stern look.

“You can come in.” Owen said. “One wrong move, and I’m throwing your asses out. Stay calm. Am I clear?”

Julian and I nodded.

Owen studied our faces for a few moments before he opened the door.

I took another deep breath and walked into the room.

There they were.

Mark and Rose Evans.

Two people I wouldn’t mind torturing for the rest of my life.

“What is this?” the fucker shouted angrily. “I said that I wanted to see my daughter. Where is my daughter? Where is Aria?”

The first wave of anger hit me so fucking hard that I went blind for a second.

She wasn’t his daughter! She was MY daughter!

MINE!

I clenched my fists and forced myself to stay calm.

Julian, Owen, and I sat opposite them.

I glanced at Julian and saw that he was shaking. He had a murderous look on his face, and I hoped that he would be able to control himself.

“You can’t see Aria.” Owen said calmly.

“Why the fuck not?” the fucker asked, gritting his teeth. “She is my fucking daughter!”

Anger blinded me again, and I had no fucking idea how I managed to stop myself from throwing myself on him and strangling the life out of him.

“We’ve been over this, Mark.” Owen sighed. “She is not your daughter. The DNA result came back positive. The man to my right is her real father.”

The fucker glanced at me and narrowed his eyes.

“The DNA result was fake.” Mark said, looking me in the eyes. “She is my daughter.”

“Shut the fuck up, you pathetic piece of shit.” Julian gritted through his teeth. “You are not her father, and even if you were, you still wouldn’t lay eyes on that girl ever again.”

The fucker looked at Julian.

“And why is that?” Rose asked. “We are her parents. She is ours.”

“You abused her.” Owen said angrily. “You hit her. You cut her. You burned her. You broke her bones. Do I need to go on?”

Rose’s eyes blazed with fury.

“That was a bully from school!” she shouted. “We’ve told you that.”

I would never hit a woman, but I would punch the living shit out of Rose.

“Enough.” I said, raising my voice. “I’m not here to listen to your lies. I’m here to find out who kidnapped my little girl. I’m here to find out if that person is still a threat to her.”

The fucker smirked, making the anger inside of me explode. Did he really just smirk?

“I will tell everything to Aria.” Mark said smugly. “I will tell her the whole truth. I won’t say shit until I see her.”

“You will never see her again.” Julian said, clenching his fists.

Owen grabbed his hand.

“Who the fuck are you?” Mark asked, turning to look at Julian. “Why the fuck do you get a say in whether I see my daughter or not?”

I saw fucking red.

She wasn’t his daughter! She was my daughter. My little girl. MINE!

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I pictured my little girl in my arms. I pictured her smiling. I pictured her arms wrapped around my neck.

I couldn’t do anything that would take me away from her. I couldn’t lose her again.

“I am her uncle.” Julian responded angrily. “I am the older brother of the woman you killed when you took away her daughter. I am your worst fucking nightmare!”

“I didn’t kidnap her.” Mark said, gritting his teeth.

“Who did?” I asked, making Mark look back at me. “Don’t you have an ounce of care in your body? You watched that little girl grow up. You never felt anything for her? Not even a little bit? Please, if you ever felt anything for her, you won’t let her get hurt again. She’s been through enough. Don’t let anyone hurt her again, please. Tell us who did it.”

Mark narrowed his eyes at me. I glanced at Rose. Her eyes were on Mark, and she looked panicked.

“I did feel something for her.” Mark said, making me look back at him. “I felt that she would make a perfect little fucktoy. She really is delicious. I bet that I would enjoy hearing her scream and beg me to stop.”

That was it.

I threw myself over the table, clenching my fist and punching the living shit out of him.

If the fucker wasn’t chained to the table, he would have fallen to the floor.

“YOU MOTHERFUCKER!” I screamed. “I’M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!”

But before I could do anything, strong hands wrapped around me, pulling me out of the room.

The fucker looked up at me and smiled.

HE FUCKING SMILED!

I started trashing, trying to get back into the room and finish what I started.

“HENRY!” somebody screamed my name, grabbing my face in their hands.

It was Owen.

“Calm the fuck down.” he said angrily. “Don’t make me lock you up. You have a daughter to go back to.”

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Aria. My baby. My little girl.

I had to go back home to her. I promised that we would make lunch together.

I opened my eyes and looked around, searching for Julian. He was standing a few feet away, and he was being held by a police officer as well.

To say that he was pissed off would be an understatement. He was ready to kill him.

Just as much as I was.

But I couldn’t. I had to go back to my baby. I had to go back to my buddy.

I couldn’t wait to hold them.

I looked behind me and saw that it was Brad who was holding me.

“Are you okay?” he asked. “Can I let go, or will you go back into the room and kill the fucker?”

“You can let go.” I said. “I’m going home to my little girl.”

Brad let me go, and I looked at Owen.

“I am sorry.” I said. “Thank you for letting me talk to them. I don’t care what happens next. I don’t care if they tell you who took her or not. I will protect her with my life. I just want them locked up.”

Owen nodded, giving me a small smile.

“I will find out who took her.” he said. “And, off the record, I wanted to punch him too.”

“Me too.” Brad mumbled, clenching his fists.

I looked at Julian. The police officer who was holding him was gone. Julian looked like a wreck. We needed to get the fuck out of here.

“Take me home.” I told him. “ I want to go back to my children.”

Julian nodded, taking the car keys out of his pocket.

Owen patted my shoulder before I turned around and started walking out of the station.

I needed to go back home. I needed to take my daughter into my arms and make sure that she was okay. I needed to see my baby girl. Now.