Chapter 55

Aria POV

“I think you are overreacting, Gabe.” Luke sighed. “She is old enough to date.”

“I’m not saying that she isn’t old enough, I’m saying that nobody will ever be good enough to date her.” Gabriel sighed. “What if the bastard hurts her?”

They’ve been bickering about me dating guys for like half an hour. It was amusing, really. Gabriel and Andrew were both against me ever dating anyone.

“Yes, Lucas.” Andrew frowned. “What if he hurts her?”

“Did you see my muscles?” Luke said, raising his sleeve and flexing his biceps. “Nobody would dare hurt her when they see these bad boys.”

Andrew and Gabriel rolled their eyes. I chuckled.

“Help me a little, shortie.” Luke whined, walking toward me and hugging me from behind. “Tell our brothers that you will date.”

“Well, if Gabriel can date, I can date too.” I said, looking at my brother with a small smile on my face.

Gabriel gasped. “You little devil.”

I laughed, and Gabriel frowned.

“You are too young to date, cutie.” Andrew said.

“Gabriel and I are the same age.” I reminded him.

“Well, yes.” Andrew sighed, scratching the back of his neck. “But we just got you back. You are our baby.”

“Yes, you are.” Luke said, kissing the top of my head. “Our little baby.”

“I’m not a baby.” I frowned a little, even though I enjoyed their pampering.

I’ve never been called anything but a bitch or slut before. Nobody ever told me that they loved me. Nobody ever had a cute nickname for me. I enjoyed hearing them call me ‘baby’. I enjoyed each and every time they hugged and kissed me. I was deprived of it my whole life. I missed it. I wanted it for so long. Now that I had it, I didn’t want it to stop.

“You are the cutest.” Luke said, bending down and kissing my cheek.

I smiled and shook my head.

“Aria?!” I heard my name being called.

I flinched a little. I didn’t hear anyone come inside the house, and the sudden noise scared me a little. Luke rubbed my arms gently, placing another kiss on the top of my head.

“Kitchen.” Andrew shouted.

I heard footsteps approaching, and I turned around to see my dad walking in.

“Oh, my baby.” my dad said, taking me from Luke and picking me up into his arms.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

“I missed you, love.” my dad said as he kissed my cheek repeatedly. “I missed you so much.”

“Hey, honey.” my uncle smiled at me, kissing the top of my head.

“Hey, uncle Julian.” I smiled at him.

My dad walked to Gabriel, pulling him closer and kissing his temple. Gabriel wrapped his arms around me and dad.

“I missed you too, bud.” dad mumbled quietly.

“You’ve been gone for two hours, dad.” Gabriel said, chuckling.

“That’s way too long.” dad sighed, turning his head and kissing my cheek again. “I couldn’t wait to come home to you.”

“I couldn’t wait for you to come back, dad.” I said, smiling at him.

Dad smiled brightly and sat down with me in his arms.

“Are you hungry, uncle H?” Luke asked him. “We heated up the dinner.”

“Yes, thank you, Luke.” dad smiled at him before he looked at me. “Did you eat, baby?”

“I did.” I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

I was ready to go back to sleep. I didn’t know why I was so tired.

“Did you eat enough?” dad asked.

“She did, dad, don’t worry.” Gabriel answered for me.

“Okay.” dad said, kissing the top of my head.

I let my dad go, and he placed me on the chair next to him. Luke and Andrew gave the plates to my dad and uncle.

“What happened at the station?” Gabriel asked as he sat down next to me.

My heart raced, and I looked at my dad. What did Roger do? What did he say?

“He is denying everything.” my uncle said, clenching his fists.

“We had to get out of there.” my dad added angrily. “I was losing it a little.”

“I’m sorry, dad.” I mumbled quietly as the feeling of guilt washed over me.

My dad looked at me and pulled me back onto his lap.

“You have nothing to be sorry for, my baby.” he said softly. “You’ve done nothing wrong.”

I hugged him as tightly as I could. He really was the best dad in the world.

“I love you, dad.” I said, making him tighten his arms around me.

“I love you too, my little girl.” he said softly.

I let him go, smiled, and moved from his lap so he could eat.

“So, what were you up to while we were gone?” my uncle asked, picking up his fork.

I guessed that we were done talking about Roger. Maybe they didn’t want to say anything in front of me? I was glad, though. I couldn’t bear to hear anything about him right now. Parts of my body were still shaking, and I was still a little bit scared.

“We ate and talked about Aria’s boyfriend.” Luke said, smirking.

My dad and uncle looked at me, wide-eyed.

“You have a boyfriend?”

“What boyfriend?”

They asked at the same time.

“A future boyfriend.” Andrew explained.

“There is a boy that wants to be your boyfriend?” my uncle asked, confused.

“No.” Gabriel shook his head. “We were talking about how she will never have a boyfriend.”

“Damn straight.” my uncle agreed immediately, making Gabriel and Andrew fist bump each other.

My dad chuckled and shook his head.

“You said the same thing about Jo.” my dad said to my uncle. “Aren’t you glad that she did find a boyfriend?”

“You are an anomaly.” my uncle said. “What are the chances of Aria finding someone we wouldn’t want to kill?”

My dad laughed and looked at me.

“Don’t listen to them, baby.” he said softly. “You can have a boyfriend. Will I do a thorough background check on him? Yes, I will. Will I take his DNA and fingerprints? Yes, I will. If he checks out, you can date him.”

I chuckled and nodded.

Gabriel wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

“I’m still against it.” he mumbled as he kissed the top of my head.

I looked up at him and smiled.

He really didn’t have anything to worry about. I wasn’t planning on dating anyone soon. I just wanted to spend time with my family and Gray. I wanted to enjoy this feeling of love and safety. I didn’t need anything or anyone else right now.

I just needed my family.