Bug Busters (Part 1)

The steady sound of the tank's engine resounded in Eli's eardrums, mixing with the sound of the turtle brothers talking in and out, creating a bustling atmosphere in the cockpit. While her dreamy eyes were only directed out the window, watching the street lights flicker outside.

This could be considered a week since her third older brother built a vehicle for the five of them conveniently, and Eli had already smelled her four brothers' scent all over the place for more than the number of times she normally did.

"Donnie, I need an update."

Not to mention the current suit she's wearing, which was a protective suit (brought to her by the dearly softshell turtle) in her favorite color code - seafoam. It was neat, but it had been a few hours since then, and the suit had been starting to make her uncomfortable for more than fifteen minutes.

"Okay, one more time," Donnie said, catching Eli's attention. "Baron Draxum created ooze and put it in carrier bugs that bite people and turn 'em into mutants. And for some reason, it's up to us to stop the whole situation."

"No, I need an update for my phone." Mikey replied with a raised brow, not expecting his older to literally spoil the whole purpose of their 'trip' this time.

"Focus!" Cut off Raph with his furrowed brows. "The new hotel is full of oozesquitoes. We're suited up, so let's get down to business!"

Eli could only nod in obedience, and then her dark eyes happened to capture the image of a large hotel located in the heart of New York City. According to Donnie's narration, it was a luxurious place, and only those who could afford could enjoy the high-quality services.

The Grand Nexus Hotel, as Eli could remember correctly from her brother's words.

Just three steps off the tank and dozens of people were already running out of the lobby. The five siblings looked at each other, nodded to one another, and immediately rushed to the front door with bug-killing weapons ready in hand. As expected, a swarm of mosquitoes carrying mutant substances roamed the reception hall, showing no sign of stopping.

"Okay bugs, it's just you and us."

Raph proudly pointed his electronic bug swatter in front of the mosquitoes. At the same time, Eli stood behind him with her eyes surveying the surrounding terrain, breathing a sigh of relief when she realized that there was no one there. At least her brothers won't be exposed to the gazes of those human–

"And me!"

Or not. And they're all toast.

A white man with short straight black hair, black eyes, light skin, and a thin figure popped out from behind the desk with his red bellhop attire. "I'm here too."

The five looked at the man rather shocked and confused. Eli could feel her cheek form with sweat, not knowing how to handle this whole 'my brothers are literally mutant turtles' situation.

"Do not fear sir."

Fortunately, Leo knew his sister's worrying attitude and had clearly planned everything ahead. He stepped up from the gang and approached the man with his usual calmness. "We are unlicensed amateurs and we have this situation mildly under controlled."

"Ew, your skin's all green."

"Relax sir," Explained the blue bandana in his somewhat professional tone. "It's just a perfectly normal side effect of all the chemicals we use."

Then he fled, back to the gang and ready for the mission tonight.

"Alright, remember the plan." Raph sat on the couch, ordering his youngers with his fists bashed at one another for repetition. "Attract, smash. Zap, smash. Bash, smash!"