13- Charles

After I showed Alyssa the guest room where her and Wes will sleep, she started to get Wes ready for bed. Once Wes was ready for bed Alyssa tucked him in and then came back out into the living room. I was on the couch and held my arms open so she could lay down with her head on my chest for cuddles. I turned on a movie for us to watch. In the middle of the movie we heard Wes scream. Alyssa ran into the room and scooped him up into her arms. She's whispering calming words into his ear. I didn't know what to do. I just stood back giving them space. Once Wes stopped crying Alyssa continued to cuddle him and sang to him until Wes fell asleep. While they were cuddling I took a picture of the two of them together because they were so cute. After a while Alyssa laid Wes down and stood up, but when she did I noticed her wiping some tears off of her face. She walked over to me and put her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug. She kept crying so I picked her up and walked her to the couch. I sat down and kept her in my arms. Once she calmed down a little I heard her hiccups. I didn't know what to do. I had a feeling that Wes was having a nightmare about what had happened between Alyssa and her ex.

I can tell that this is something that affects both of them still. I don't want to push her to open up to me and tell me all the details that happened to her, but I also want to be able to help her. I have a feeling that Arthur knows, but even if I ask I also know he won't tell me since he respects Lyss and his friendship with her. I decided to turn on the tv and play a movie so we can continue to cuddle. When I lay us down Lyss puts her face deeper into the crook of my neck. I continue to rub her back to keep her calm. After a while I heard my phone ringing, but I left it on the table. I try to move a little bit so I can reach it and when I do she holds my shirt tightly and mumbles no. I can't help but notice that she's gotten clingy after this. By the time I was able to reach my phone I saw that Arthur was the one who called me. I texted Arthur since I couldn't call him back without Alyssa clinging to me more.

*text messages*

Charles: Hey Arth sorry I didn't see your call Alyssa is laying on me and is clingy at the moment

Arthur: Is she okay? Is Wes okay?

Charles: She's okay. Wes had a nightmare

Arthur: Was it about Jax?

Charles: Is Jax her ex?

Arthur: Yeah he is. Was Wes' nightmare about him

Charles: It was

Arthur: Does she need me? Do you need me to come over and help?

Charles: No I think we're good for now thanks though Arth

Arthur: Okay take care of them please. They've been through enough and if I'm being honest I don't know if Lyss can take anymore heartbreak so please take care of her heart

Charles: I will I promise

Arthur: Okay because now that you have been introduced to Wes it's not just Lyss' heart that you need to care for and cherish it's also Wes' heart

Charles: I know Arthur I promise I won't hurt either one of them

Arthur: Okay, I'm heading to bed Charles. Text or call me if you or Lyss needs anything