26- Charles

After Lyss fell asleep I pulled her closer to me and put my head on her shoulder. While my head was in her shoulder I realized that whenever I am having a bad day the one person who can keep me calm is Lyss. As I was in my thoughts I felt my phone vibrate on the table. I picked it up to check the text I just received. I saw that it was from Joris. I opened it to see what he sent when I opened it I saw he took a picture of Lyss and I cuddled up together on the chair. I found it so cute that I decided to post it on my story.

 charlesleclerc story

After I posted the picture of us the group chat with my brothers and the other group chat with all the drivers were also getting a lot of messages

The three brothers 

Arthur, Enzo and Charles

Arthur: so that was an adorable picture you posted of you and Lyss together. Anyway how is she doing now? 

Enzo: aww you're so in love charles it's adorable

Charles: she's doing okay. getting some much needed shut eye.

Arthur: i'm glad she's getting some sleep. being in and out of the hospital, trying to keep track of her levels and taking car of Wes must be so exhausting. hopefully she can catch a break and be able to travel for races while also being safe  

Charles: yes that's why i want her to sleep as much as possible. i hope she knows i'm always here for her and that she doesn't feel like a burden or that she thinks she has to do this on her own

Arthur: other than me she didn't have anyone else to help her. you have to be patient and keep reminding her that she has you. she does now that she knows the other drivers and wags since meeting me, but it will take time for her to learn that she can fully rely on you 

After reading Arthur's text I decided to also get some sleep before having to do media and practices. Not only that I am also exhausted from staying awake while she was in the hospital so I know I need to get some shut eye as well. I gently moved to lay down so we can both sleep more comfortably. Lyss stirred a little bit to cuddle into me more and lay down, but other than that slight movement she was still fast asleep. 

I know we need to eat some food, but I asked for the food to be put in tupperware containers in case we don't wake up in time to eat we'd still have some food ready for us to eat when we do wake up. I had them make pasta with vodka sauce and grilled chicken. This meal is filling, but not too heavy. I just hope it is okay for her to eat without her levels spiking too high or being too low.