22- Arthur

I can't believe I'm in the hospital again with Wes looking after Lyss. After the last time I did this I thought I wouldn't have to do this ever again. Lyss has been through so much in her life and I know that all of these things cause her to close off from everyone around her. I'm worried that this will affect how she is with Charles and I hope that he understands that she needs time to mentally heal. As I was looking after Lyss Charles came back with some food for us.

"Arthur should I wake Lyss and Wes up or continue to let them sleep." I looked at them and they looked at peace and finally getting the sleep they need and deserve. "No Charles let them sleep, they both need it." Charles nodded and handed me my food to eat. I ate my food quickly since I was starving. After I finished eating I threw my trash away and took my phone out responding to Carla and scrolling through my instagram. I decided to post on instagram, but limit the comments to the people we know. As I was getting ready to post I stared off into space and suddenly I was brought back to the time that Lyss was in the hospital after the situation with Jax. I didn't notice I spaced off until I felt someone shaking me. I looked to see who it was and it was Charles. He looked at me worried. "Arthur, are you okay? I was calling your name for a couple of minutes and you weren't responding." I swallowed and quietly whispered "I had a flashback to the last time I was in the hospital with Lyss like this and it was when Jax had hurt her." Charles didn't respond after that, but he just wrapped me in a tight hug. While we were in the hug we both heard Lyss' voice "aww my two favorite boys having such a cute brotherly moment. Don't move, I need to take a picture. Oh wait Charles can you hand me my phone and then get in the hug again." Charles chuckled at her and went to get her phone to give to her. Once she had her phone Charles wrapped me in the same hug and Lyss started taking pictures of us. She squealed in happiness with how cute we were. Once she took all the pictures to her heart's content Charles and I let go of the hug.

After she took pictures of Charles and I she decided to turn on the tv and watch a movie. As we were watching the movie Charles sat in bed with Lyss. Once Charles was sat on the bed Wes sat down in his lap. With Wes in his lap Charles moved closer to Lyss and she laid her head on his shoulder. As all three of them were cuddling I took a picture of them. They were so cute and looked the most relaxed and the happiest they have looked in a long time. Towards the middle of the movie all three of them fell asleep together. I was turning off the tv since it was very bright and there was no way to turn down the brightness when I heard my phone ringing. I looked to see who was calling me. I saw it was my maman. I quickly and quietly walked out of the room before picking up the phone. As soon as I answered the call maman started bombarding me with questions. "Arthur how is she? Is she okay? Do they know what is going on with her? Is Charles with her? Is he doing okay? How is Wes doing?" There wasn't anytime to answer before she spoke again "Arthur do you need anything and are you okay?" Finally after that question I was able to answer all the questions she had, "Maman Lyss is okay. The doctors do know what's wrong it is in relation to her recent medical diagnoses. Charles is with her and they are sleeping right now. He is doing okay, but I don't think he's showing his true feelings right now since he is so worried about Lyss. Wes is scared and worried about Lyss, but he is okay. And Maman I'm okay, it's hard being back in the hospital like this again, but I am holding on to the fact that once she is able to manage and better learn how to manage everything then she will be okay." Maman sighed with relief after hearing that everyone was doing okay right now. I know these situations scare her after what happened with papa so I'm glad our call gave her some reassurance.