17- Charles

30 minutes later Arthur called Alyssa. I knew that the recent diagnoses have been hard not only on Lyss, but also on Wes. He doesn't really know what is going on, but he just knows that his mom is in the hospital and that he has to stay with uncle Arthur.

*Facetime*

(Saying Wes instead of Arthur even though it is Arthur's phone Wes is using)

Wes: mommy when are you coming home?

Alyssa: my love soon, but you're going to stay with uncle arthur for a while

Wes: okay mommy. are you okay? is daddy with you?

I was shocked to hear Wes call me daddy, but I couldn't help but smile. I looked over at Lyss and couldn't read her emotions and her thoughts. Once I snapped out of my trance I was able to listen to the conversation again.

Alyssa: yes he's with me. And I'm okay buddy

Wes: I can't wait for you to get out of the hospital so I can come home and see you

Alyssa: I can't wait to see you again too. Are you having fun with uncle Arthur?

Wes: yes i am, i love you mommy and i can't wait to see you

Alyssa: I miss and love you too buddy. I'll see you soon. Have a good rest of the time with uncle arthur okay?

Wes nodded at the screen and then Lyss ended the facetime call. Once the call ended Lyss quickly turned to me. "Bubs I don't know where Wes got the idea and started calling you dad. I'll talk to him about it and it won't happen again. I know it is too early for him to call you that since we haven't been dating for that long. I promise it won't happen again." Lyss spoke so quickly I barely caught onto what she said. I put my hand on her cheek and made her look at me. "Baby, breathe. I'm totally okay with Wes calling me dad. I'm honored he sees me as his dad. If it's okay with you and Wes I'm okay with him calling me dad and I will treat him like my own blood and son no matter what." She looked shocked at my reaction, but after a couple minutes she smiled and leaned in for a kiss which I happily accepted.

After our serious conversation, Lyss' doctor came into her room. The doctor checked Lyss' vitals and told us the good news that Lyss would be able to go home tomorrow morning. Lyss was handed the prescription for her insulin since she placed an order for omnipods and dexcoms which will arrive tomorrow. Once the doctor left she laid down in her bed. She looked at me and patted the spot next to her and slid over signaling that she wanted me to come in and cuddle. I climbed in next to her and rubbed her back until she fell asleep which is when I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

It was finally the next morning when I woke up due to the sunlight coming into the room. After an hour Lyss woke up and the doctor came in. Once the doctor checked Lyss she was cleared to go home. We signed the papers and headed out. We decided to surprise Wes. Arthur knows we're coming so he can keep Wes busy. Lyss decided to stop at the store to buy some gifts and treats for Wes. We made it to Arthur's place and quietly walked in. Wes was watching Mulan and had no idea we were here. We snuck up behind Wes and covered his eyes. As we covered his eyes we said "surprise kiddo!" When Wes turned around he had tears in his eyes and jumped to hug both of us. While the three of us were hugging Arthur came over to give Lyss a hug. She tried to let go and put Wes down, but Wes clung onto her neck and didn't allow her to hug Arthur. Lyss waved at Arthur and kept Wes in her arms. We went over to the couch to sit down. "Kiddo mommy and I have some special treats for you." We gave him his gifts and he was so happy.

It was getting late and Lyss and I decided it was time to head home. Once we arrived back at home Wes was already asleep in the car. Lyss was going to pick him up, but I stopped her and bent down to carry him. Lyss and I went inside and immediately went to Wes' room to change him into his pajamas and tuck him into bed. Lyss bent down gave him a kiss. After Lyss gave him a kiss on his forehead I also gave him one. I stood up and wrapped my arms around Lyss. We stood their contently looking at Wes. I can't believe this is my life now. I've always dreamed of having my own family and driving for Ferrari in Formula one. I'm now living both of these dreams. I didn't realize I spaced out until I felt Lyss tugging at my arm so we can let Wes sleep and turn off the lights.

Lyss and I went into our room and put on our pajamas. Lyss put on one of my shirts and a pair of sweats and I put on a pair of sweats. We both weren't tired yet and decided on turning on a movie. Once the movie was on I turned to Lyss "I'm so glad you're okay. You scared me so much. When you and Wes come with me to races I'll make sure Andrea and the team doctors know about your Lupus and Diabetes that way someone is always there to make sure you're okay and you have me, the other drivers, and their wives or girlfriends." She looked at me shocked that I'm so willing to put this much effort in, but she's worth it to me. We continued to watch movies until I noticed Lyss fell asleep. I checked the time and also decided to head to bed since I have to get up early to train before we head out to Suzuka.

A/n: I'm sorry for such a long break in between my previous update. This chapter is short due to me being busy with school. The italics are inner thoughts.