23- Charles

With Arthur at the hospital I was able to get out of there for a bit, but once I left all the emotions I suppressed came flooding to the surface. Some of these emotions were happiness, fear and worry. I'm glad she was okay, but now I'm worried and scared that something like this could happen again, especially with my formula one travel schedule. I didn't want to lose her especially when this was all starting and our relationship was becoming stronger. I thought of all the different ways that I can help Lyss while also still having her travel for both my races and her work. I was collecting my thoughts as I saw Pierre coming towards where I was sitting. I was shocked to see him here since I didn't text him that Lyss was in the hospital again. As he approached me he saw the questioning look on my face and said "Arthur texted me telling me what was going on. Don't be mad at him though. He knew that you needed all the support and that you wouldn't be on your phone a lot during this time." I nodded at him. I wasn't mad at Arthur, but I also didn't know what to do. Pierre has seen me like this after my dad, Jules and Anthoine but other than that he's never seen me this emotional. He walked up to where I was sitting, sat down and pulled me into a hug. Pierre didn't say anything else, he just sat with me.

Throughout this entire process I have remained strong not just for Lyss, but for Arthur and specifically Wes. I didn't want either of them to see me like how I am now. However, I couldn't hold it together any longer. I'm emotionally drained. After sitting with Pierre for about half an hour I was able to calm down enough to be able to be ready to go back inside. We went to go get food for everyone because I know Arthur won't leave Lyss' side and that Lyss doesn't want to eat the hospital food.

Picking up the food was a quick stop and I was able to go back into the hospital to be with Lyss. When I walked in the doctors were checking her over for one of the last times before she would be able to be discharged. Lyss' dexcoms and omnipods had come in today. With both of these packages and her insulin it will be easier to keep track of her diabetes and get notifications about her levels. Once the doctor left we all just ate together and it was good to see Lyss getting back to herself. I looked over to Wes to see if he wanted to come sit on my lap to eat but he wouldn't let go of Lyss' arm.

After we all finished eating Lyss, Arthur, Pierre and I were all sitting around talking and laughing together. While we were all talking Lyss looked down to her side and saw that Wes had fallen asleep again. Arthur and I could all tell that he was having a hard time with Lyss being back in the hospital. No one wanted to leave this peaceful scenario, but it was almost time for visitors to leave. Luckily the doctors and nurses allowed Wes and I to both stay overnight. I was thankful for them to allow us to stay. However, I'm still debating on whether or not to go to the next grand prix. I know that it is important for me to go but I don't think I'd be able to focus while Lyss is still in here. I haven't told Lyss that I'm debating on not going because I know she'd force me to go.

❤️ arthurleclerc, pierregasly, franciscagomes, maxverstappen, kellypiquet, mickschumacher and 900,000 others

tagged: alyssabrennan

charlesleclerc: the strongest person i know. we'll get through this together

💬 arthurleclerc: she really is take care of her for me 

maxverstappen: we are all here for the both of you stay strong you two 

kellypiquet: give love to my girl for me 

💬 lilymeh: and love from me too 

pierregasly: keep both your heads up. the road is long but you both are nearing the light. this is making you both stronger 

💬  franciscagomes: you both are amazing and i know this is a difficult bump in the road but you two can endure this. let me or pierre know if you need us to watch wes  

A/n: any of the drivers exes won't be in the book. please understand that i want to be as respectful as possible even when writing a work of fiction. also, if a driver confirms any new relationship they may have that new girlfriend will most likely be included in the book. Please don't write any hateful comments about the book, the drivers, any ex-girlfriends or current girlfriends.