[44] home to mama

'Ashton,' I hissed into the phone, 'what are you doing?'

'What do you mean?'

'Ashton, it's a work day. You understand what that means don't you? I'm meant to be working now. You can't call me on the hotel phone to just chat, we have to keep the line open.'

'Well, you weren't answering your mobile,' he answered indignantly, and I sighed.

Pressing the phone between my shoulder and ear, I leafed through some paper work and uncovered my mobile, forgotten under all the sheets. 3 missed calls. I sighed.

'Sorry hon, it's just been super busy this morning.'

'That's okay. I didn't want to bother you for too long, just wanted to check if you were free tonight?'

I felt something flutter in my belly.

'I think so. I mean, yeah, I am.' Ciara giggled at me from across the desk and I rolled my eyes at her. 'Do you want to do something?'

There was a little pause, and then -

'I was wondering if you wanted to come to my home and meet my family for dinner tonight.'

'Oh.'

I blushed, and Ciara laughed harder.

'Ashton, wow... well - yeah, I'd love to.'

'You sure? I know my siblings are kind of full on, and my mum goes overboard a bit, but it would only be for a while.'

'No, no, all good. Ashton, yes, I would love to.'

I smiled at the receiver and imagined him beaming back, dimples popping.

'Okeydoke. Let me text you during your lunch break because we'll be out of the building for a photoshoot and interview.'

'Have fun - don't fall in love with any pretty fans while you're gone...'

'Fat chance,' Ashton laughed, 'I've already got one girl in my sights and she ain't going nowhere.'

'Got some hot date tonight?' Ciara smirked and shuffled through another stack of evaluation forms.

'It's Meet-The-Family night apparently,' I sat back and resmoothed my hair over my shoulders. 'Should I be nervous? I don't feel nervous.'

She laughed.

'Don't be. You've technically already met them, like they pretty much acknowledged that you were going to be his girlfriend from the first time Ashton talked about you.'

'Thanks Cee.' I rolled my eyes, and she shot me a knowing look.

'Be cool. It just means Ashton's taking things to the next level, and you're okay with that.' She held up a finger. 'One thing...'

'Yeah?' I leant in.

Ciara paused, and bit her lip before sitting back decidedly.

'Don't bring alcohol. Because when I brought wine, Luke's brothers drank it all, and - well. Just don't bring alcohol. It won't end well.'

She glanced at me, confused.

'What's so funny?'

______________________________________________________________________

#

12.49 pm

boyfriend <3: meet me in the foyer, 5:30 pm, dress casual and look perfect (no problems there). bring an empty stomach cos mum got excited and planned a three course meal for us hahahaha xx