[9] nudes?

‘So what’s all this I hear about Calum nudes, huh?’

I snatched another piece of popcorn from the bowl in Calum’s lap and and winked up at him.

The 6 of us were sitting around the boys’ living room, Calum and I on the couch, Ciara and Luke sitting together on the armchair and Michael and Ashton wrestling on the floor for the TV remote. When Ciara and I arrived, everything was still set in crazy mode - Michael was trying to connect his Xbox to the hotel TV set and Luke was attempting to help but instead, tangling his long legs up in all the cables. There was broccoli being overcooked on the stove top and Ashton was chasing Calum around, trying to get his journal back. It was total mayhem, and it took another half an hour to unravel Luke, reconnect Mikey’s game, chuck out the mushy broccoli and get Ashton’s journal back. Even now, Ashton was semi-eyeing Calum from across the room.

‘Oh, my nudes? They’re hot as. Like nothing you’ve ever seen before.’

Calum wiggled his eyebrows and Michael laughed, muffled by Ashton, who was still on top of him, fighting for the remote.

‘Yeah, you haven’t lived until you’ve seen Calum’s ass.’

‘Want to see?’

Calum shot me an evil grin and leapt up, spinning around and slowly pulling down the waistband of his jeans. I just saw the logo for American Apparel before shutting my eyes tight.

‘Argh! No! It burns, it burns!’

I grinned, rolling around on the couch, pretending to be traumatised.

‘PG audience - keep it in your pants!’

Luke burst out laughing, his hands wrapped around Cee’s eyes.

‘Save the ladies, they’re still innocent! It’ll scar them for life.’

I snorted.

‘I’m still scarred from the first time I saw Calum’s face...’

Shooting Calum a victorious sideways glance, he stuck out his tongue at me. Michael giggled, still under Ashton.

‘Calum, I think you just got put in your place, actually.’

‘Hey! My ass is an object of beauty - a work of art, in fact. People make tumblr urls about my bottom!’

I smirked at Calum’s pretend-offended look.

‘I’m sure it’s very nice, Calum. Seriously. But maybe we’ll save its great unveiling for another time.’

Ashton, for the first time, surfaced from his struggle with Michael.

‘Or maybe not.’

I shrugged, ignoring his tone, but not missing the glance Luke shot Calum.

‘Maybe not. Can we watch now?’

‘Emma - catch!’

Michael took the chance while Ashton was distracted, and leapt up, tossing me the remote. I squealed as it landed on my lap and Ashton lunged for it, crashing down on top of me, his legs snaking around mine, arms on either side of my head.

The remote lay forgotten on my chest. Ashton’s face was centimetres away from mine. I sucked in a deep breath.

‘Hi,’ he half-whispered.

‘Hey,’ I giggled back.

His deep brown eyes were watching me closely, and I saw him glance at my lips. I had a sudden urge to curl my fingers up in his soft hair, pull him close and kiss him.