[18] fedorable

extra long chapter just bc i can

_____________________________________________________________________________

‘I feel like this one would go better with your skin tan, but then again, I really like this outfit too. It’ll make your legs look killer.’

Ciara leant down and scooped up the black dress, holding it up in front of me, sizing me up. I patiently waited for her to finish.

‘Which one?’

‘I’m not sure.’ She bit her lip. ‘They both look hot, and either way, Ashton’s going to love you.’

I rolled my eyes, ignoring her last comment.

‘I think I like the crop top and jeans one better.’

‘Really?’

Ciara dropped the dress back to the bed, and picked up the crop bodice.

‘You sure?’

I grinned.

‘I just really want to wear the fedora!’

She laughed at me, and tossed over the clothes, shoving me into my bathroom.

‘Hurry up and get changed, so I can do your makeup.’

I shut the door behind me and laid out the outfit Ciara had made up on the edge of the bathtub, sighing. It was already 6:30 pm, and we had to leave in half an hour to get the concert venue. I hadn’t seen any of the boys all day, except for being woken up by their cheering fans early in the morning when they left the hotel. For some reason, the whole concert thing was making me really nervous. The past week and a half had just begun to sink in. I was a hotel worker, not even a professional one, I was just here to make some money over summer. And for some crazy reason, the stars had aligned and fate had decided to throw me into a job with a boy from a world-famous band. I was friends with the band. I talked to them and had their numbers. I called one of them a dickhead and got away with it. Hell, one of them almost kissed me. And now I was about to go V.I.P. to their Sydney show, in front of a crowd of about 3000 girls (and probably a few guys too). What am I doing?

Ciara knocked on the door, bringing me back to my senses.

‘You almost done?’

‘Nope, wait on.’

I pulled off my shirt and pulled on the tight crop top, making a face at myself in the mirror. I hated these types of clothes normally, but Cee had insisted I dress up for the show. I uncomfortably rubbed the bare skin around my bellybutton, before sighing and pulling off my shorts and stepping into the skinny jeans.

Standing back, I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pretty terrible. My hair was randomly curly from being in a bun all day, and my skin was flushed. The midriff crop showed an uncomfortable amount of flesh and made my boobs look big (which definitely wasn’t the case normally), but I did like the way it made my hips look curvy. That was supposed to be a good thing, apparently. The jeans looked alright, but they made me feel self-conscious. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the door, pulling it open.

‘I don’t like it,’ I declared.

Ciara looked up from her phone, and her jaw dropped.

‘Em... you look amazing.’

‘Pardon?’

She walked over to me, eyes wide, looking me up and down.

‘You look hot as frick, honey! The guys are gonna love it!’