[14] little fans & common courtesy

continuation from last chapter, if you need a reminder, ashton and emma are in the rock bandit cafe on their day out

______________________________________________________________________________________

‘Here you guys go...’

Rabia stepped up to our table, balancing two cups in her arms, one filled to the brim with frothy chocolate milk and the other (my favourite!), steaming with the smell of hot chocolate. She put them down in front of us and skipped away again, still pretending not to know me. I fought down the urge to giggle at her sassy attitude.

‘So this is the Rocker-thingy milkshake, huh?’

I nodded, lifting the mug of hot chocolate to my lips and taking a sip gratefully.

‘It’s amazing - I knew you liked chocolate milk, so I guess I thought you’d like it... try it!’

Ashton very delicately plucked up the red and white straw, placing it between his lips and taking a drink. I watched the liquid run up through the straw and into his mouth. He sat back, swallowing carefully.

‘Well?’

Ashton looked at me slyly, brushing some curls out of his face and tucking them back under his bandana.

‘Well what?’

I groaned, whacking his on his arm.

‘What does it taste like, idiot?’

He tapped his lips torturously. I sighed at his teasing, taking another drink from my mug.

‘Fine, if you don’t like it, I’ll drink it too. Hand it over.’

‘No!’

I smiled smugly.

‘So you do like it!’

He grinned sheepishly and stirred up the froth with the straw.

‘I guess I do. Actually, I really really like it. It tastes like...’ he paused, teasingly putting a hand on his lips as if he couldn’t quite place what the drink was like, ‘essence of rock music.’

I grinned.

‘Basically. What else would you expect from a cafe like this?’

We both grinned up into the faces of All Time Low, before turning back to eachother. Ashton took another drink before leaning back, looking at me casually.

‘So let’s play a game, okay?’

I nodded, not knowing where he was going with this, but trusting him all the same.

‘I get to ask you 20 questions. And then you get to ask me some.’

‘Ohhkay. Can the questions be about anything?’

He smiled cheekily, and I knew the answer was yes. Oh god, here we go.

‘What’s your favourite thing about me?’

I rolled my eyes. Of course Ashton would ask that first.

‘Probably the way you give Calum death stares every time-‘

He glared at me.

‘Be serious.’

‘Fine. Well, probably your, erm, your smile. And you’re really sweet sometimes. Oh, the way your eyes light up when you’re excited, and when you’re - uhh, and I’m just going to stop now.’

I had definitely said way too much because Ashton was grinning at me, but he motioned for me to ask him something, luckily.

‘Exactly how old are you?’