[37] g'day mate!

tweet me @5505official!! it makes me more likely to update if i know people are enjoying my story
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ashton and I stood hand in hand at the café counter again, his arm tight around my waist. It looked cold and windy outside the shop window, and I hadn't expected shitty weather, so I didn't bring a jacket, but Ashton promised to keep me warm. I plucked a mint from the tray and dropped it into his hand just as Rabia finished the transaction at the cash register. He raised one eyebrow.

'Trying to tell me I have bad breath?'

'No,' I giggled, 'but you'll taste better when I'm kissing you later.'

'Fair enough.'

He smirked and popped it into his mouth, before Rabia coughed loudly.

'Can you two stop being all touchy-feely for 3 seconds while I do this?'

We both grinned awkwardly at each other, ignoring her bored tone. The register spat out our receipt, and she gave it to me before coming around the counter to wrap me in a hug.

'Nice to see you again, Em. Drop by soon, for sure. And don't forget to text me, jesus.'

'Okay,' I laughed and gave her a little kiss on the cheek. 'I'll see you around.'

'Bye Ashton! Look after my girl for me, will you?'

'Yes Ma'am,' he saluted and pretended to stand to attention, which made us both laugh.

'Come on, silly,' I rolled my eyes and pulled him outside with one last wave goodbye to Rabia. She winked right before the bell tinkled once more and the door shut. Hoping Ashton didn't catch it, I began leading him down the road.

'Emma, hold on!'

As I turned around, a gust of wind swung by and lifted up my skirt past my waist. I shrieked and quickly slapped it down, trying desperately to remember if I'd worn nice underwear today, and hoping Ashton hadn't seen. He had. He chuckled and jogged to keep up to my fast pace. With one easy sweep of his hand, Ashton brushed the random bits of hair out of my face and warmed my cheeks up from the cool breeze.

'Where are you dragging me off to now?'

I pulled out my phone and drew up the maps app, pursing my lips together as he fiddled with the strap on my dress.

'Ashton, stop,' I giggled absentmindely, swatting his lingering fingers away, 'your fingers are cold.'

Glancing up, I noticed how red his cheeks were, and how attentively he was staring. There was a soft smile on his face as he watched me.

'What?'

He laughed a little and diverted his gaze, grinning mysteriously.

'Nothing, nothing. So as you were saying - where to?'

I smiled, lacing my hands back through his after I slid away my phone.

'Just down this street -' I gave him a long sideways glance, 'and then we'll be there. I think you're going to like this place.'

'No heights involved? Or sneaky waitresses who steal away my princess?'

I blushed and gently pulled ahead, turning around and walking backwards so I could face him. Our entwined hands swung neatly between us.

'Nope. But I hope you brought some money with you.'

Ashton's eyebrows shot up.

'Why?'