[25] is your name really ernma?

'But I don't want Twitter!'

Calum rolled his eyes and face-palmed.

'Well, too bad. That's not the point - it's non-negotiable, and you're going to get it.'

Michael stared expectantly at me and held out a hand. I reluctantly pulled my phone out of my pocket, unlocked it and dropped it onto his palm. He leant back so I couldn't see the screen.

'I don't need Twitter to meet fans you know. There's enough of them hanging around outside, I could just go out there and um, say hi one day or something.'

Calum peered out the window at the mass of girls huddled downstairs and furrowed his eyebrows.

'Hmm. Yeah, okay, you can do that.' I looked up. 'But you can get Twitter too.' Sigh.

I groaned and leant over, tugging the curtain shut. Calum poked my side gently.

'Why are you so reluctant? Come on, it's just an app. I'm sure it wouldn't be that much harder to have another social media account.'

I blushed, and awkwardly looked away, but Calum picked up on it.

'Emma. Don't you have Facebook?'

I shook my head, and Michael looked up, a bit surprised.

'What about Instagram?'

'No.' I bit my lip.

'Snapchat. Come on, you gotta have Snapchat,' Calum said, unbelievingly (a/n ahhh yes calum of course you would want to know if she had snapchat heUHEU).

I sighed.

'Nope.'

'You're joking!' Michael rubbed a hand through his hair, eyes wide. 'Well, er, what about Tumblr? Vine? Or, I know, Kik!'

I shook my head, deciding not to tell him I didn't even know what half of those were. Suddenly I brightened up.

'Ooh! I do have Pinterest!'

Calum shared a look of disgust with Michael, whose mouth was hanging open.

'Doesn't count, you noob.' He giggled. 'Why don't you have this stuff? It's like, 2014. What else would you use your phone for?'

I rolled my eyes, snatching it back from Michael.

'Um, I don't know - maybe as a phone??? And I've just never had a reason to get this stuff,' I frowned, 'and no one's ever asked me to keep in contact with them through anything.'

Calum and Michael stopped and looked a bit guilty, but my phone buzzed and I looked down. Twitter has been installed on your phone, I read and sighed.

'Guess it doesn't matter now anyway.'

'Shove love,' Calum ducked over to squish in next to me and Michael sandwiched me from the other side so they could both see what was going on the screen. Michael leant forward and tapped open the app.

'Click on 'Register today'.'

I batted away his pointing finger - 'I know, I know,' - but paused. Hey, hold on.

'How am I connected to the internet? I don't use data on my phone or anything...'

Michael made an uneasy face and had the tact to look a little embarrassed at least.