6

Antheia woke up a moment ago and now she laid in the bed contemplating her life. But her thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. She expected it to be Amias as he seemed to be the only one that came in here but to her surprise it was a child.

"Hello," the child waved at her before moving forward to kneel of the bed next to her. "My name is Theodore Archer Crown and I'm five years old. You can call me Theo, everyone calls me Theo. Even uncle August. What's your name?"

Antheia stared at the boy who seemed to look at her like she hung the moon.

"Will you not tell me your name?" He asked tilting his head to the side. "Are you still sleepy? Is that why don't want to talk? That's alright, I don't want to talk when I wake up either."

The small child then proceeded to pat her face. "You're really pretty. I love you. Dad told me so many stories about you. He loves you too." The boy kissed her nose.

"Do you want to tell me your name now?"

Antheia stared.

"That's alright," the bod continued. "I actually know your name. But dad says it's good manners to let people speak for themselves. You're name's Antheia, right?" He smiled at her. "Do you still not want to tell me your name?"

Antheia could no longer refuse the sweet child. "Antheia. My name's Antheia," she whispered.

The child giggled. "You have such a pretty voice. Will you please sing to every night? Dad sings to me sometimes but his voice is horrible. But yours is so good, so will you please sing for me?"

Antheia nodded. She was about to say something else when the door opened again. This time it was Amias. "What are you doing here," he grumbled.

Antheia felt like he was annoyed about something and that something seems to be Theo. She couldn't let this sweet child get hurt while she's around so she pulled him close to her, wanting to hide his from the man's angry eyes.

"Hello uncle Amias," Theo waved from his place in his aunt's arms. He quite liked this position. It made him feel warm and fuzzy. Something none of his uncles managed to provide. His father did make him feel loved but this embrace is different and he liked it.

"I'm here to introduce myself to aunt Thea. And she said her name's Antheia!"

Amias frowned turning to Antheia which made her squish the child further into her arms. Sensing her fear Amias tried to soften his eyes. "You spoke to him," he asked gently.

Antheia contemplated lying but that would mean Theo lied. She didn't want to get him in trouble, so she nodded hesitantly.

Amias' mouth hung open in surprise seeing her nod. He stared for a moment before realizing that he's scaring her. He cleared his throat before speaking. "You guys continue I'll come back later."

†††

"August!" Amias barged into his older brothers office with his younger brothers in toe.

Augustus raised his eyebrow at his insolent behavior.

"August, she's talking," Amias exclaimed not caring if he's being judged by his brothers right now.

"So? What's so great about that," Arlo wondered with a shrug.

Amias resisted the urge to hit his brother. "She hasn't spoken at all in the last few days she's been here. Not even a peep."

"You heard her speak," Augustus asked.

Amias shook his head in reply. "She spoke to Theo."

"Explain."

Amias narrated the whole story including how their younger brothers tried to disobey them.

"This is great news," August nodded. "This means she's comfortable around the child. Let him spend his time woth her."

Amias nodded and ran out to put his ear against the door in hopes of hearing her voice.

"And you guys," Augustus raised his eyebrow at his younger brothers. "Why did you disobey a direct order."

Anthony and Amedeo had enough sense to know that you shouldn't talk when you're in trouble with Augustus. But Arlo lacked that common sense. "She's our sister too. You don't have any right to stop us from meeting her," he argued.

"I have said it once before and I will say it again. She wasn't in the best condition when we found her. She's been with Amias for a few days now but she still doesn't trust him. So the chances are that if we make her face even more men, she might freak out. And I will not tolerate even the slightest bit of discomfort she might feel. So you better stay away until we know it's safe to let you meet her. Do you understand?"

They all nodded, their heads bowed. "Sorry Augustus. We won't do it again," Amedeo apologized in a soft voice.

"Good. Now you may leave."

They didn't need to be told twice.