15

"So, you're telling me that allergies not only make you swell up and itch but can also make you throw up?"

"Sometimes, yes," Dr. Sharma's voice floated through the speaker.

"So she's allergic to nuts."

"Yes, sir. As you have been giving her nuts for breakfast everyday, it made her nauseous."

"Oh. Okay." Amedeo hung up after that, and turned to his brothers. "Good news, it's nothing serious. Bad news, she's severely allergic to nuts which made her throw up."

"No more nuts in this house," Amias growled.

"I like almonds," Arlo muttered but quickly shut up when Augustus glared at him.

"Now that that's settled," Anthony rubbed his hand on his face. "Onto more important topics. Who's staying here tomorrow?"

"Me." Amedeo answered before anybody else could say anything.

"No, you were here today."

"Yes, and she was talking to me."

"What the actual fuck!" Amias glared holes into his brother's head.

Amedeo smirked. Well, at least he tried to smirk. As his face wasn't use to making different expressions, it came out more like an awkward grimace.

"Why are you making a shit face," Arlo grumbled.

"I'm smirking."

Anthony scoffed. "Well, don't. It's traumatizing."

Amedeo felt something at that. His therapist called it annoyance, he called it the urge to kill. If he ever felt this for anyone other than his brothers he would kill them, but he couldn't kill his brothers. So, he just waited for the feeling to pass.

"What did you do?" Amedeo was broken out of his train of thought by Amias, who seemed to have gotten over his shock by now.

"Do about what?"

"How did you get her to talk to you," Amias growled. "Did you threaten her?"

"No, why would I do that? I took her outside and she asked ti see Duke. Oh and August, make sure to leave Duke here from now on. I think she wants the dog around."

"You're not lying, are you," August asked.

Amedeo frowned, which he didn't have a problem doing because he had been frowning since the day he was born. "No, August. What is wrong with you? You can't let a little girl mess with your heads like this."

"That little girl happens to be our sister," Anthony scowled.

Amedeo's frown deepened. "So? Don't let someone influence your decisions."

Anthony opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. "You wouldn't understand."

"Well, then make me understand." Amedeo was feeling something again. This is what he felt when he didn't know the answer to something. His therapist called it agitation, he called it the urge to kill.

"You should go see your therapist again, it's been a while," Amias said eyeing his brother.

Amedeo hummed. "I'll make.an appointment for tomorrow evening. And I'm staying home with her tomorrow." Saying that he walked out towards his own room. He had been experiencing too many unknown emotions since his sister got here and he didn't like it.

The rest of the brothers stared at his retreating back.

"Do you think she'll make him better or worse," Amias wondered out loud.

"I say better," Anthony replied.

"I'd give up my inheritance if it isn't worse," Arlo chirped.

August hummed. "Guess I'll just remove you from the will then."

"What! No! I don't mean literally!"

"Oh, shut up, Arlo."

"You guys are mean to 'cause I'm young!"

"Isn't it your bedtime already?"

"Unfair! And I don't have a bedtime! I'm an adult!"

"Of course you are, sweetie. Now head to bed."

Arlo growled but left nonetheless. He didn't want to stay with them either.

†††

The next morning when Antheia opened her eyes, she was greeted by Theo staring down at her. "Oh, hi, aunt Thea. I missed you!"

"Hello, Theo. I missed you too," she mumbled.

Theo was going to say something else but someone knocked in the door. "Theo, come on, you'll be late for school." Anthony's voice floated through the closed door.

"Coming, dad." Theo placed a kiss on Antheia's lips. "I love you. Bye!"

"Bye, I love you too."

Antheia smiled to herself. She really loved Theo. She got out of bed, smile still on her face, and got the tub ready for a bath.

Arlo had shown her how to fill the tub with sweet smelling oils and bubbles and she loved it. So she decided to try it on her own today.

She filled the tub with water, now the bubbles. She tried to remember which one of the products made bubbles but she couldn't. She sighed and decided to just sit in the water, that was fun too.

After her long bath, she knew it was long because her fingers looked like raisins. She didn't really like raisins, they always made her eat that along with nuts, which used to be her dinner. And now, her brothers made her eat food she has never even heard of, she liked how they tasted though, so, she wasn't complaining.

She felt happy today, she didn't know why. She just woke up happy. She liked it. The last time she was happy was when master had given her a day off. She hummed a song she had once heard, she didn't really know what it was, she just knew she liked how it sounded. She kept humming as she put on her clothes. Her brothers had gotten her clothes and all other essential things they thought she might need.

She decided to dress happy today, as she felt happy. She put on a cute little yellow shirt along with a pair of shorts. She walked to the mirror after getting dressed and she liked what she saw. So, she smiled. She liked this. Maybe today she could be brave enough to tell Amias how thankful she is that he found her and took her in. That he didn't abandon her. Yes, that's exactly what she'll do today.

Antheia watched her smile grow bigger in the mirror, until it faded. She's getting used to this soft treatment. That wouldn't do, she couldn't have that. She needs to keep herself away from them. What if like her master, they too decided that she wasn't worth it. Then they'll torture her too. She needed to be prepared for that. No more talking to anyone, no more smiling.