9

Augustus Crown was having a bad day.

He had woken up at 5a.m. as usual, worked out, had his morning coffee, took a shower and then finally got dressed for the day. He walked downstairs to the kitchen after being dressed, for breakfast and that's when his day started going downhill.

He was walking past the living room when he heard little sniffles and his mind immediately went to Theo. He walked into the living room proving himself to be correct. Theo was crying. He didn't want to deal with this right now but Anthony wasn't around so he should step in.

"Theo." August sighed after being ignored by the boy.

"Theodore!" This time the little boy jumped and turned to face him.

"Yes uncle August," he asked in a meek soft voice.

"Why are you crying?"

Theo's lips wobbled, he's about to have another fit of sniffles it seems. August sighed. "What happened?"

"Do you love aunt Thea," the boy asked surprising August.

"Why do you ask?"

"I heard uncle Dio tell uncle Amias that aunt Thea shouldn't be here and that she wouldn't be safe here. Is it true? Is she going to leave? But you always say that you love her more than you love anything else in the whole entire world, even more than puppies. Then why would you let her go?" Theo was confused and scared. He'd just poured his whole heart to his uncle August which is never a good thing. Uncle August always tells him to not let others see his emotions.

August sighed again. He walked up to the small boy and sat down next to him. "When you aunt Thea was born I was very excited to have a sister. And the first time I held her, I knew she would be my first priority for the rest of my life. What I'm trying to say, Theo, is that while she might not be safe here she will be loved. And I think to her, that it better that being safe."

"So she's not leaving?"

"No."

"If you love her then why don't you talk to her?" August felt distress fill his heart seeing Theo's wide doe eyes filled with confusion and head tilted to the side. It made him look like Antheia so much that his heart ache.

"I don't think she's very comfortable talking to me."

"Did she tell you that?"

"No but-"

"Well then you can't just think like that. Dad tells me never to assure anything," he finished with a firm nod.

"It's assume. Never to assume anything."

"Yeah that." Theo's eyes widened ever more. "So? Will you talk to her?"

"I'll think of it." And that was all he could think of for the rest of the day.

†††

"August,"  Amias growled barging into his office. "We've got a problem."

August sighed. "What is it?"

"That fucking Russians. Why do they have to be so bothersome? That fucking Vasiliev bastard stole our shipments. I hate him."

August sighed again. "That bitch. I'll look into it. You just focus on Antheia."

"What about the Russians?"

"I said I'll look into it."

"But-" Amias was going to protest but he stopped himself after seeing August's glare. "Alright. I'll go stare at Thea again."

August sighed. The bad day just got worse.

†††

"Anthony!"

Anthony jumped at the loud and unexpected voice. Then he glared at the speaker. "I'm your father you little brat."

Theo giggled.

"What do you want?"

"Can I please not go to school today?"

"Why," Anthony narrowed his eyes at his insolent son.

"Because I want to play with auntie Thea all day."

Anthony shook his head. "No, go to school. You can play with her after you come back."

Theo whined but it fell to deaf ears as Anthony pushed him out if the front door and ordered the driver to take him. After making sure his son left he took out his phone to message his secretary that he wasn't going to office.

Today he is going to spend the whole day with his precious little sister.