7

"Ohhh and my favorite color is yellow. It so pretty!"

Antheia stared at the child who has been talking for the past few hours. Where did he get all this energy?

"What's your favorite color?" He asked with shiny eyes.

"Yellow." Her voice was hoarse from all the years of being unused as she answered his question.

"Yes, it's the best color in the world," Theo nodded making her giggle. He looked at her in awe. "And you're the best human in the planet," he declared throwing his arms around her. She was startled for a moment before wrapping her arms around his small body and placing a small kiss on the crown of his head.

"You're the sweetest child ever." Theo blushed at her word and pecked her nose.

"I love you." Antheia stared at the small child. No one's ever told her she was loved. No one ever made it feel like she was loved. She believed she was unlovable, born to be thrown away and to be used. But this small child just casually told her that he loved her. And he had only known her for like a few hours.

"I think I love you too," she whispered. She didn't know what love felt like but she knew it must be a good thing. And what she felt with this boy was good. What she felt in this house was good. So this must be love, she concluded.

†††

Antheia and Theo's precious talks were interrupted by the knock on the door.

"Uh come in," Theo stated with a bit of confusion seeing as his aunt had stopped talking.

Amias peeked his head through the door before walking in.

"It's way past your bedtime, Theo. Your dad wants to you go to bed, you have school tomorrow."

Theo frowned. "But I don't want to."

Amias frowned at the boy. "Well too bad you have to. Now go."

Antheia's eyes grew wide in fear. Amias looked irritated and that always means punishment. She didn't want this precious child away from her. What if they hurt him? So she held his small body firmly against hers. They'd have to deal with her before they could get to him.

Amias frowned noticing his sister's unusual behavior. She'd afraid. Why? Did she think they'd hurt Theo? Is thay why she keeps holding him close when he talks to him? Thay must be it, he couldn't think of any other reason.

"Thea," he spoke softly. "We're not going to hurt you or him. You're safe here. So is he. But he's a baby, so he needs to sleep on time. Because baby's need more sleep."

"I'm not a baby," Theo exclaimed but Amias ignored him.

"And Theo's father, who's also one of our brothers, loves his son. So he wants him to get enough rest so he doesn't get sick. That why he wants his to go to bed. He'd never hurt Theo. Do you understand?"

Antheia stared at the huge man, processing his words. She wanted to believe him but a cynical part of her wanted to hide form the whole world. And she felt so bad that she didn't trust him. This man, who claims to be her brother, has been nothing but soft and gentle with her but she couldn't let her guards down.

Seeing her confused Amias spoke again. "If you want he can sleep here with you."

She found herself nodding slowly. She liked that idea. This way she'd be able to keep an eye on him and he'd be safe.

"Alright then, Theo, go brush your teeth and get ready for bed. You can sleep here tonight."

"Yes!" The boy threw his arms around Antheia, kissing her cheek before rushing out.

"Uh-" Amias struggled with his words. "You should get ready for bed too. I'll um- I'll go. Uh good night."

Antheia just nodded in reply.

†††

"Please Amias," Arlo whined.

"I said no, Arlo."

"Please." This time the pleas came from Amedeo.

"Yeah Amias, please. We won't bother her at all, just look. Please," Anthony urged.

"No."

"Why," Arlo whined.

"Because she isn't comfortable."

"But we promise not to bother her. We'll be good won't we," Arlo asked his brothers who nodded in return.

"No-" but before Amias could say further Augustus interrupted. "Tomorrow. You can meet her tomorrow. But only if she agrees."

Arlo threw his hands in the air and screeched with happiness.

"If this is your behavior then I might have to rethink my decision," Augustus said raising an eyebrow.

"No no I'm. Please don't." Amedeo hit Arlo's head. "Be good."

"Yeah I'm a good boy."

"Very well then, go to bed."

"Now," Arlo whined but seeing Augustus raise his brow he gulped and left followed by his brothers.

"August," Amias called. "Do you think this is a good idea?"

"We're going to find out tomorrow."