13

Amedeo woke up on his own, like always. Went to the gym, his brothers August and Amias were there and he didn't like working out infront of others so he went for a run around their property. After that he came back, showered, got dressed in his usual black suit but then realized that he's staying home today so he changed into some sweats, his upper body bare to the world.

As he walked into the dining room where his brothers were having breakfast, he received glares from all of them. He wondered why? Is it because he got to stay back with their sister? Or is it because they thought he wasn't grateful enough to be happy about it? Well, it's not his fault he didn't find silly little girls exciting.

After a while, Antheia walked into the kitchen, her head bowed, eyes cast on the floor.

"Hey, good morning," Anthony greeted her with a smile. And her response did not disappoint him, the rosy red cheeks were asking to be squished but Anthony resisted. He didn't want to scare her.

"Morning, aunt Thea," Theo cheered, kissing her tummy.

The others greeted her as well as she sat down.

Amedeo watched the girl his brothers were so invested in. What's it about her that they're so interested about? She was shy, delicate and stupid. She knew nothing about the world, how it worked, what to expect, who to trust. And she had proven his assumption by placing her trust in Amias, the most fickle one of the Crown brothers. And them she had befriended Theodore, a child. Someone with no power. He wasn't even the heir, not until Augustus declared it. So, why befriend someone when you get nothing in return? That's why he decided to stay back. To see what she why his brothers, including Augustus, stood outside her door when she talked to Theodore. What's so special about a little girl they don't know?

"Antheia," August spoke attracting everyone's attention. "We all have to go to work. But, Amedeo is going to be home. If you need anything, ask him."

Antheia didn't respond, not that they expected her to respond though. She never gave any sort of indication of understanding anything, ever.

It was awkward silence before Anthony cleared his throat. "Right, I gotta leave. Come on Theo. Bye, Antheia."

One by one the Crown brothers left, leaving their sister with Amedeo.

"You can stay in your room and watch tv," Amedeo spoke after a while. "I'll be in my room. Also watching tv." He most certainly will not be watching tv. He's going to spy on his sister.

†††

Amedeo waited for a while after his sister went into her room before he walked out of the house, towards the garden. He stopped under the window to her room, ordering a guard to bring a ladder. As the guard placed the ladder under the window, he stared climbing. The ladder wasn't long enough to reach the second floor window but he did get his hands on the window sill. Putting pressure on his hands, he hoisted himself onto the open window, peeking in. But his sister was nowhere in sight.

He frowned. She's supposed to be here. He slowly placed his feet on the floor, glancing around the room. It's too white for his liking, but it's cute.

What the fuck? Cute?

Amedeo shook his head to get rid of his thoughts. That's when he noticed the sounds coming for the bathroom. Sounds like someone throwing up. He hurried into the bathroom, the door was open, she obviously wasn't expecting someone to climb through the window.

The first thing Amedeo saw entering the bathroom was his sister bent over the toilet, throwing up everything she ate for breakfast. He hesitated for a brief moment before holding her hair back, startling the poor girl.

"It's okay, it's just me. I've got you," he said rubbing a hand over her back, waiting for her to finish.

After she realized who it was, her body relaxed on its own. Even if her mind didn't trust him, her heart knew that he wouldn't harm her.

"Here," Amedeo placed a brush with toothpaste in the hands after she was done. "Brush your teeth and come out. I'll wait." Amedeo hurried outside, gesturing the guard he stationed under the window to move the ladder so she doesn't see. He also opened the door to her room, so she knew that he came in through the door like a normal person.

He paced around the room, noticing small stuff like the round mirror over the dresser, next to some light pink flowers he didn't know the name of. Arlo did a good job with the room. He also noticed the yellow duck, most definitely drawn by Theo, placed over the dresser. Why does she have a dresser when she has a walk in closet?

Amedeo was staring at the dresser in distaste when Antheia came out. "You're back," he stated the obvious after seeing her. "I'm going to ask some questions and I need answers," he spoke in the softest possible voice.

"Do you throw up often?"

She nodded.

"After every meal?"

She shook her head.

"When do you throw up the most?"

No reply.

"In the morning?"

She nodded.

"Evening?"

Head shake.

"So just in the morning?"

Nod.

"How long has this been going on?"

No answer.

"Since you got here?"

No answer.

"Before that?"

Another nod.

"So definitely not a stomach bug. Let's go to the doctor's."

She backed up a few steps.

"Alright. No going anywhere. I'll call the doctor here. Don't worry, he's a friend, he wouldn't hurt you. I'm here, okay?"

No answer but she did take a few steps forward.

"Sit." She sat down.

__

A/N
Hey guys, thanks for waiting. I've been really busy, sorry for disappearing.

What do you think is going to happen next?

Vote and comment please<3