14

Amedeo came back fetching the doctor from the front door. "She's the patient," he informed Dr. Sharma. "She says she's been throwing up in the morning. Do you think she's pregnant," he whispered the last part so she doesn't hear him.

"I won't be able to confirm anything without some tests, sir." Then he turned to look at Antheia, "may I ask a few questions?"

Antheia nodded after a moment of hesitation.

"Do you throw up before or after breakfast?"

Antheia looked at Amedeo for help who frowned. "Ask yes or no questions," he ordered.

"I apologize, miss. Do you throw up before breakfast?"

She shook her head.

"So it's always after breakfast?"

A nod.

"That's always when you throw up?"

She shook her head.

"So, sometimes, you throw up after some other meal?"

Nod.

"Okay. I'll do some blood tests, after I get the results I will be able to tell you what's wrong."

"Then why did you ask so many stupid questions," Amedeo grumbled.

"Sir, it's important, I need to-"

"Shut up and do you job."

"Yes, sir."

†††

Amedeo spent his day pacing around his sister's room while she watched him with fearful eyes.

He continued walking until he got a text from the doctor which said that she isn't pregnant and it might be some sort of allergy. But the test results will take time.

At least she's not pregnant, he thought.

"It's going to take some more time to get the results back," he told her. But she didn't respond, as expected.

"I will be in my room now, call me if you need anything. You can watch some tv if you want or do whatever," he said. He really needed to leave. She's a witch. It's only been a few hours that he has spent with her and she hasn't even said a word but he could feel his heart melting at her big doe eyes.

Amedeo walked out, trying to be as far from the little witch as possible. He paced around the hallway wondering what to do next. Should he call his brothers? But he didn't want them to think he's incompetent. However, the situation is important. She could be pregnant for all they know. He decided to call his brothers.

"Amedeo, did you mess up," August answered in a few seconds.

"No. I thought she's pregnant."

"Who? You have a girlfriend?"

"No-"

"Your regular fuck buddy? Keep the baby if you want or abort it. If she's causing trouble, kill her."

"No. I'm talking about our sister."

August didn't speak for the next several minutes. "Antheia? Are you sure?"

"No. I called the doctor. He took some blood samples and said he'll try to give the results back by tomorrow. And texted that she's not pregnant, the pregnancy test came back negative."

August cursed. "I'll be there, till then take care of her and-"

"No," Amedeo said before he could stop himself. "I mean, what are you going to do? Nothing, there's nothing anyone can do until we get the results. So you do your work, I'll take care of her."

August was quiet for a while before he muttered an okay and hung up.

†††

"Antheia," Amedeo knocked and opened the door. "Come on it's time for lunch."

Anthony slowly nodded, following Amedeo to the dining room.

"Today we're having fish. Do you like fish?"

Antheia didn't say anything. She's never had fish. She waited for the lady who served them food all the time to place the plate infront of her before digging in. After the first few bites she decided that she liked fish.

"You like it?" Amedeo wasn't sure exactly what he was doing. He was supposed to stay away from her. He's not supposed to feel anything, considering his alexithymia. But here they are, him staring at her like she hung the sun and her not even paying attention to him, something he didn't like at all.

Antheia just nodded in response.

"Do you want to take a walk," Amedeo asked after lunch.

Antheia nodded. She's been dying to go outside but didn't have the courage after the dog fiasco.

"We'll walk around the garden, okay?"

Amedeo led his out of the house and into the garden. "This is the garden," he said. He wasn't sure what to talk about so stated the obvious. "And those are the flowers."

"Flowers," Antheia mumbled behind from him. If he hadn't been paying attention he would have missed is. He wasn't sure why she decided to speak to him of all people, hell he wasn't even sure if she was talking to him. She's probably practicing saying unknown words, since she has probably never seen these things before.

"Duke?"

Amedeo jumped out of his skin when he heard her question. Is she talking to him? "What?"

"Duke? Dog?"

"Oh! You're talking to me," he said pointing towards himself.

Antheia nodded.

"Why?"

She didn't answer, rather she.tilted her head, waiting for the reply to her question.

"Well," Amedeo cleared his throat. "Duke has been taken to the vet."

"Vet," Antheia asked.

"A doctor. For animals. You know what a doctor is, don't you?"

Antheia nodded. She wasn't entirely sure why she spoke or how she had gotten so comfortable with this man that she didn't have any fears but she wasn't going to question her gut instincts. After all, they have never failed her. Besides, this man gave off the same energy as Theo and anybody who reminded her of Theo will always be welcome.

A/N
Sorry for the late update guys, I'm just really busy nowadays with school and everything. The next few updates will be irregular, please bear with me.