12

"So."

"So," August raised a perfect eyebrow.

"Who stays with her tomorrow," Amias asked the much debatable question.

"Me me!" Arlo raised his hands.

"You have school. I don't have much to do. I could stay with her," Anthony suggested.

August shook his head. "No. You have a meeting with Carlos."

Anthony narrowed his eyes. "No. You're supposed to attend that one."

"Well, I'm ordering you to go."

Anthony growled, almost lunging at his older brother but Amias held him back. "I'll stay."

Augustus smirked. "You still haven't caught those bastards. You don't get the privilege to stay at home until you catch them."

"But I found her," Amias spluttered.

"How about this?" Amedeo's monotone voice caused them all to jump a little, they'd forgotten he was here as well with how quiet he'd been so far. "We have a competition. Whoever wins stays."

"Sure."

"Great. I'll win."

August nodded. "What competition?"

"Either something we're all equally good at or something we're all bad at," Anthony answered.

"Arm wrestling," Arlo suggested.

"Amias would wipe the floor with us." Anthony scoffed causing Amias to smirk.

"Knife throwing."

"August would win, no doubt."

"Sudoku."

"You can't win a simple round of chess and you think you can beat Amedeo in that," Amias sneered.

"How about cooking," August asked.

"But we can't cook," Arlo frowned.

"Exactly. So whoever cooks the best, without any help from the chef or YouTube wins."

"Who'd be the judge of that?"

"The chef of course."

"We can't only have one judge."

"Hmm. The chef and Martha."

"It's on brothers. Cooking is an art and nobody beats me at art," Arlo laughed.

"We'll see."

!!!

"Martha," August called the housekeeper. But she didn't respond. "Where is she?"

"Well," Amedeo sighed. "It's midnight. She might be sleeping."

August nodded. "Arlo, go call her. And the chef."

"Why me," Arlo whined.

"Just go." Amias pushed him towards the door.

!!!

"Alright. No cheating."

The chef, David and Martha watched as the Crown brothers cooked. Well, at least tried to cook. They couldn't believe the ever so fearsome brothers were cooking just to spend time with their sister.

By the time they were finished the kitchen looked like a warzone.

"Now taste these." Anthony ordered forwarding the bowls of what they knew to be mac n cheese, but they certainly didn't look like it. "And no favouritism."

David gulped, taking a bite from one bowl, trying very hard not to throw up. Too much salt. Way too much.

Then he tried the another one, containing his tears. Spicy.

Then other. Mac n cheese isn't supposed to taste like caramel.

The next one tasted relatively normal. Very little amount of salt, but better than the others.

But the one he saved for last, was charred. He didn't want to torture himself with that. But he still tried it. Very smoky.

"That one's the best," he said pointing to the normal bowl of food.

"I made it." Amedeo's voice held no traces of happiness at winning.

"You don't sound happy. So you're disqualified," Amias grunted.

"No. I win fair and square. I stay, you go to work. Now goodnight."

"Bitch," Amias growled staring at his brother as he left.

!!!

Antheia, once again woke up to the sun in her face. She mewled softly before opening her eyes. The sun rays escaping through the curtains immediately brought a smile on her lips.

But all her happiness went down the drain when the door suddenly burst open. But her happiness returned in tenfold seeing it was Theo who came in.

"Auntie Thea, I'm going to school," little Theo didn't sound very excited about school, whatever that is.

"Don't you like this school," Antheia muttered.

Theo tilted his head. "Well, it's not like I hate school. But I could be doing better things than going to a place filled with stupid kids."

"That's very rude, Theo."

Theo just shrugged.

"Knock knock." Someone said knocking on the door and Theo made a face.

"Ugh! It's dad. He's here to take me to school."

Thea bit back a smile at the little boy's disgusted face. "I'm coming dad." With that Theo ran out placing a kiss on Antheia's cheek.

__________________

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter. The nest one's gonna be Amedeo and Antheia bonding.

Please vote and comment.