The Memories (4)

CW // Swearing, implied death and child death, blood, anxiety attacks

Also Professor has viltigio here :D

/

    The first thing Sabre heard when he woke up was a mechanical clank and bickering. He didn't really recognize where he was, but he knew it wasn't where he fell asleep. Was this a dream?

He sat up and tapped the ground with his knuckle. It clicked against his skin, nope, didn't feel like a dream. He looked around the room, and the realization hit him like a brick.

"SABRE!"

The boy didn't even get a moment to turn around before he was tackle-hugged by someone. Hitting the wood floor with a hard thud, he looked up to get a better look at the man.

Orange-colored goggles that were barely held by his fluffy red hair, along with stains of redstone on his brown and pale stained skin

".. hey professor..", Sabre mumbled out awkwardly, trying to adjust himself on the floor despite the Professor tight grip.

"YOU'RE BACK! I WAS ASSURED BY EVERYONE THAT YOU WERE GONE!"

Sabre didn't see the professor this enthusiastic this often, if ever.

"S-Surprise..? ..Uh, you didn't just kidnap me from M's house right?"

"Yes, don't worry I left a note too!"

"Ooookay.."

The professor sat up, scooting off Sabre. A look of giddy craziness was in his eyes. Sabre decided to interpret it as excitement. Metal footsteps sounded from behind him, and Sabre didn't need to think hard to figure out who it was.

*"Welcome back."

"...Heeey Assistant."

/

M woke up as the sunlight poured in from the windows he forgot to cover last night. After everything with Sabre it slipped his mind, oh well. Speaking of Sabre-

He turned to see Sabre was gone, and for a minute M panicked until he saw a note where Sabre had laid. He picked it up and recognized the handwriting quickly.

Borrowed Sabre to say hello! He's okay right now (most likely!) 。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

P.S. did you approve my invention?

M stared at the note for a moment then let out a loud sigh.

"Professorrrr…"

/

    “Did you die? Where did you go?”

    The Professor asked these questions while sticking some sort of wood stick down onto Sabre’s tongue, it reminded Sabre of old doctors appointments, checking his temperature and all that. Not to mention the professor kept asking questions despite Sabre not being able to answer all that well.

"Issh- Eck- it's a secret..?-”

“That’s no fun. Regardless, you’re perfectly healthy although you might get a cold soon-”

“You can tell that?”

“You’d be surprised! The leaders have appointed me to many things, I’m trying to make better storage units since some green fellows went out exploring, in fact-”

Professor Red spun back in his chair and let it roll backwards until it hit the desk behind him, snatching maps and papers off it, then turning around again and pushing his legs against the desk to push the chair back to the table Sabre was sitting on. Sabre silently wondered why the Assistant- who was standing right by the desk- didn’t just hand it to the professor.