The Temptation (5)

TW // anxiety attacks, paranoia, minor self harm, swearing

Some of the paragraphs are formatted (aka there's a bit of space at the beginning) and some aren't ?? sorry about that lmao , I think I fixed it but idk, also the spacing is kinda weird sorry sorry ✌️

//

     Days passed and turned into weeks, and Sabre slowly settled into the world he used to love so dearly. After a day or two, Sabre had been moved back into his old house in the village, which was bittersweet. He did miss this place, it’d been somewhere he dreamed of going during those months he was with Origin.

    Except when he daydreamed about it, Time was there. Time was there, cooking warm treats or talking about who-knows-what. Sometimes Sabre would daydream of old situations again, thinking how it could’ve gone differently, for worse or better

   He'd only been back in this house for 2 weeks, but during that entire time he refused to go back into Time's room. Maybe it's because Sabre didn't want to admit that his time-controlling friend was gone for good. That thought crossed his mind constantly, more so than ever now, but he always denied it. Time was strong, stronger than he was, stronger than anyone he knew.  That meant he had to be alive, right?

    Sabre didn't like thinking about it too much. 

    He'd spent the past few weeks doing frivolous things, helping around the village and the usual of being swarmed by steves whenever they saw him. It wasn't as bad now, but Sabre still swore the village seemed a bit busier since he got back.

    Currently, Sabre was helping someone with farming. It wasn't all that bad, practically a piece of cake considering everything else he's had to do. When he was finally finished, he noticed someone staring at him. 

    It was a yellow steve wearing a cardigan, his hair messy and there were evident bags under his eyes, too dark for his age. They looked young. Not young enough to be a child, Sabre assumed they were around 17. They didn't say a word to Sabre, only stared holes into his eyes.

    "Hey, uh-.. you need anything?", Sabre asked them as he approached. They seemed to finally zone back in when he said that.

    "O-Oh, uh.." Sabre noticed he was gripping the sleeves of their cardigan like his life depended on it. They still stared at him as they stammered words out.

    "No, I'm just- p-picking something up for a friend. I-.." He looked at the ground, as if he was scared of something. Sabre's concern peaked a bit more as he backed away.

    "Hey are you okay?" He blurted out without thinking about it much. 

     The golden-haired boy didn't respond. He stared at the gravel on the path and looked back up at Sabre, noticing the huge scar on his face. Weird. He didn’t have that before.

   "Y-You're Sabre. I saw you in the yellow kingdom when you came back."

    "Oh. Yeah that's uh- that's me, haha.."

    "..I-.. I'm Sorin."

   "Oh! Hi Sorin.." Sabre paused, not knowing what to say next, "it's uh, it's nice to meet you. Do you actually need anything or just.. surprised to see me again?"

   "I told you I'm getting something for my friend."

   "Oh." Sabre was a bit taken aback by the sudden harsh tone.

   Silence filled the air around them and Sabre matched Sorin's pattern of looking at the ground. Neither of them quite knew what to say right now, for very different reasons.